Cyd Charisse quotes
“- Gabrielle Gerard: Tony, can you and I really dance together?
- Tony Hunter: I don't know. Let's find out.”
“- Maria Corvier: I just wanted to know how you feel about ballet?
- Chuck Rodwell: What?
- Maria Corvier: Ballet.
- Chuck Rodwell: Oh, ballet, Oh, I can take it or leave it. Of course, I haven't seen you, yet.
- Maria Corvier: You certainly haven't.”
“- Pierre: May I join the celebration? I'll take the check and leave with the check; of course, after drinking your health in champagne. If they have champagne in Las Vegas?
- Maria Corvier: They have everything in Las Vegas.”
“- Maria Corvier: Could we dance? Just for a minute, I've never danced with anyone, except professionally.
- Chuck Rodwell: Bunny, it occurs to me there's an awful lot of things you've never done.
- Maria Corvier: You have no idea. In fact, I had no idea. And I'd like to do every single one of them tonight.”
“I thought it'd be fun to have a little fun! You know, talk and dance and - talk.”
“- Pierre: Ah, it isn't so difficult. It isn't as if you had to be cooperative and reasonable like a normal human being. You're a ballerina. You're not supposed to be normal.
- Maria Corvier: Nobody is normal in Las Vegas!”
- Sari Hatvany: "Pierre says, Pierre says, says, says." Since you are 14, Pierre is always saying. Isn't it time you say a few words yourself?
- Maria Corvier: You're the one who's always saying, "Listen to Pierre. A ballerina shouldn't think."
“- Maria Corvier: While I'm dancing, people will be eating?
- Tom Culdane: Well, after all, how much noise do people make eating?
- Maria Corvier: Crunching celery, drinking soup, talking. Oh, no, Mr. Culdane, I'm sorry, it's impossible.”