Christopher Plummer quotes
“- Zev Gutman: Did your father ever talk to you about Germany?
- John Kurlander: Are you kidding me? He never stopped talking about Germany.”
“When a man gets wealthy, he has to deal with the problems of freedom. All the choices he could possibly want. An abyss opens up. Well, I watched that abyss. I watched it ruin men, marriages, but most of all, it ruins the children.”
“The light in Barcelona is quite different from the light in Tokyo. And, the light in Tokyo is different from that in Prague. A truly great structure, one that is meant to stand the tests of time never disregards its environment. A serious architect takes that into account. He knows that if he wants presence, he must consult with nature. He must...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sir Charles Lytton: He's out of ammunition.
- Insp. Jacques Clouseau: He's out of his mind, that's what he's out of.”
“My fellow Austrians, I shall not be seeing you again perhaps for a very long time. I would like to sing for you now... a love song. I know you share this love. I pray that you will never let it die.”
“I've finally understood why they have sent me this pestilence. There was famine, there were too many mouths, so the gods made less mouths.”
“- Verulus: Ceasar, you are unarmed. Even a woman with a dagger can be dangerous.
- Commodus: She has no dagger. She's my - sister.”
“There's a purity to beautiful things that I've never been able to find in another human being.”
“- J. Paul Getty: They say you never really know someone until you have divorced them.
- Fletcher Chase: I wish I knew that three marriages ago.”
“- Fletcher Chase: I mean, what would it take for you to feel secure?
- J. Paul Getty: More.”
“- Det. John Mackey: And what if it wasn't an accident?
- Selena St. George: Look. It's been 18 years. I don't know what this has done to you, but let me tell you, it's consumed me. I have lived with this every day of my life. Every day. I was wrong and I won't do it anymore. And if I can say that, my God, can't you?”
“- Paul Sellinger: How far do you think we've gone?
- David Halloran: How am I supposed to know? You're the god damn spy, not me. Don't you guys have a magic manual or something that teaches you all that stuff?
- Paul Sellinger: Yes, we do.
- David Halloran: Did you ever read it?
- Paul Sellinger: I helped write it.
- David Halloran: What did it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Captain von Trapp: Berlin. They've offered me a commission. I've been requested to accept immediately and report to their naval base at Bremerhaven tomorrow.
- Maria: I knew this would happen. I didn't think it would be so soon.
- Captain von Trapp: To refuse them would be fatal for all of us. And joining them would be unthinkable.”
“- Max Rosenbaum: Do you remember what you said you would do when Ruth died?
- Zev Gutman: [pauses] No.
- Max Rosenbaum: That's okay, it's okay. I wrote everything down so you could remember.”
“- Eric Kluster: It was a time consideration, Mike.
- Mike Wallace: Time? Bullshit! You corporate lackey! Who told you your incompetent little fingers had the requisite skills to edit me?”
“A Nazi is a bad person.”