Rip Torn quotes
“You can never turn your back on the ocean.”
“If you're going to become true dodgeballers, then you've got to learn the five d's of dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge!”
“- Bob Diamond: For example, I use forty-eight percent of my brain. Do you know how much you use?
- Daniel Miller: Forty... seven?
- Bob Diamond: Three.”
“The only time the Border Patrol wins hot pursuit is when they get laid.”
“- Sheriff Hank Pearson: You ain't just gonna walk in there, are ya'?
- Jack Benteen: Oh, hell, I've known Chub since the third grade. You were just telling me what a nice kid he used to be. I'm just gonna go in there and have a beer with him.
- Sheriff Hank Pearson: Shit, sounds reasonable. Just sit down, talk to him about how you shot his...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- The CEO: Well, I gotta hand it to you. What do they call you? Murphy, is it?
- Robocop: My friends call me Murphy. You call me... Robocop.”
“You'll dress only in attire specially sanctioned by MiB special services. You'll conform to the identity we give you, eat where we tell you, live where we tell you. From now on you'll have no identifying marks of any kind. You'll not stand out in any way. Your entire image is crafted to leave no lasting memory with anyone you encounter.”
“They were sweet kids. Not mad dogs, like they turned out to be, tryin' to bite you.”
“Anything new is always considered the devil's tool.”
“The best way to spoil love is by talking to too many people about it.”
“If society won't decide, we'll decide. We'll make the hard decisions.”
“Oh, my God, Johnson. Our stock has dropped to nothing. We're ruined.”
“- Jim Brody: Hey, what are ya doing in my scuba gear?
- Gord Brody: Look, I found a treasure.
- Jim Brody: That's a soap on a rope!
- Gord Brody: Shh, I'm pretending it's a treasure.”
“No decision is easy, Sue. It only looks that way when you're young. When you're older, everything is complicated. There is no black and white, only gray.”
- Sheriff Hank Pearson: Morning.
- Jack Benteen: What's good about it!?
- Sheriff Hank Pearson: Well hell, I said "morning". I didn't say "good morning".
“Smartest crooks always did know how to get to a man inside. Women too, as far as that goes.”
“Our society faces momentous decisions. Decisions about the right to die. About abortion. About terminal illness, prolonged coma, transplantation. Decisions about life and death. But society isn't deciding. Congress isn't deciding. The courts aren't deciding. Religion isn't deciding. Why? Because society is leaving it up to us, the experts. The...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Why is it you work your butt off all your entire life just to get ahead, and it takes a couple of nitwits about ten minutes to screw the whole thing up?”
“- Hera, Hercules' Mother: You were willing to give your life to rescue this young woman.
- Zeus: For a true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.”