Fred Astaire quotes
“Let's get this straight, I am not Nijinsky. I am not Marlon Brando. I am Mrs. Hunter's little boy, Tony, song and dance man.”
“- Gabrielle Gerard: Tony, can you and I really dance together?
- Tony Hunter: I don't know. Let's find out.”
“The city was asleep. The joints were closed. The rats and hoods and killers were in their holes.”
“- Jerry Travers: I'm sorry! I didn't realize I was disturbing you. You see, every once in a while I suddenly find myself... dancing.
- Dale Tremont: Oh, I suppose it's some kind of an affliction.”
“A gentle smile often breeds a kick in the pants.”
“- Fred Ayres: The trick is to keep your mind a blank.
- Honey Hale: With that music?”
“- Ted Hanover: I like it here... with you and Linda.
- Jim Hardy: And we love having you. When are you leaving?”
“All is fair in love and war, and this is revolution!”
“- Fred Ayres: He's landed us a job in Rio. Rio de Janeiro. The Hotel Atlantico. We'll be flying down any morning now.
- Honey Hale: And swimming back in the afternoon. I'm taking my water-wings.”
“- Jerry Travers: She's been mistaking me for you this whole time.
- Madge Hardwick: Well, no wonder she said he was interesting.”
“- Fred Ayres: Wait a minute. This is really good news. Rog has outdone himself.
- Honey Hale: I'll bet he's broken both legs running after two women at the same time.”
“In dealing with a girl or horse, one just lets nature take its course.”