Normality quotes107 normality quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
Who's to say what is "proper"? What if it was agreed that "proper" was wearing a codfish on your head? Would you wear it?
“In Scotland, I'm just like a lot of other guys, but in America, I'm seen as a very strong, masculine guy.”
“- Colonel Kane: Maybe we're just fish out of water.
- Col. Richard Fell: What was that?
- Colonel Kane: I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sometimes you think we’re in the normal world and then something happens and you realize we’re not.”
“- Pierre: Ah, it isn't so difficult. It isn't as if you had to be cooperative and reasonable like a normal human being. You're a ballerina. You're not supposed to be normal.
- Maria Corvier: Nobody is normal in Las Vegas!”
“When I think of normal, I think of mediocrity... and mediocrity scares the fuck out of me!”
“He's not a regular person, he's the next fucking President of the United fucking States!”
“What has happened to the world? That normal now passes as excellence? When did we lower our standards? There seems to be no expectation to go above and beyond what one might know, or might want to know. It seems people are blissful in their own ignorance.”
“Maybe I would have liked a more normal life. Maybe I just don’t know how. Or maybe this is where I feel most comfortable.”
“When will I be normal?”
“Nothing is normal or natural or... everything is a game!”
“Two of us have died in the past two days. Does that just strike you as particularly normal?”
“- Ron Woodroof: Do you ever miss your regular life?
- Dr. Eve Saks: Regular life? What is that? It doesn't exist.”
“She's not normal, but if Einstein can ride a bike so can she.”
“This family has a history with those schools. And I think the last thing that little girl needs is reinforcement that she's different. Trust me, she knows. So... I think Mary. I think she's gotta be here. Today's a badending, you can't hit people. But a 12 year old bullies a 7 year old and she stands up? Do you know how important that is to me...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Q: Stun gas! Effective range, about five feet. Disorientates any normal person for about 30 seconds.
- James Bond: You don't find too many normal people in this business, Q.”
- Soran: Have you ever considered a prosthesis that would make you look a little more... how can I say... more normal?
- Geordi: What's normal?
- Soran: "What's normal?". Well, that's a good question. Normal is what everyone else is and you are not.
“Richard, you know me to be a rational man, but what I'm about to tell you is not rational...”
“Normal's just a cycle on the washing machine.”
“Dawn! You're beautiful! Your skin looks like a normal person's!”
“- Lester Burnham: Well, what do you say I throw in a little sexual harassment charge, to boot?
- Brad Dupree: Against who?
- Lester Burnham: Against you. Can you prove that you didn't offer to save my job if I let you blow me?
- Brad Dupree: Man, you are one twisted fuck.
- Lester Burnham: Nope; I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose.”