Norma Shearer quotes
“An actress must never lose her ego - without it she has no talent.”
“It is impossible to get anything made or accomplished without stepping on some toes; enemies are inevitable when one is a doer.”
“The morals of yesterday are no more. They are as dead as the day they were lived. Economic independence has put woman on exactly the same footing as man.”
“An adventure may be worn as a muddy spot or it may be worn as a proud insignia. It is the woman wearing it who makes it the one thing or the other.”
“Never let them see you in public after you've turned thirty-five. You're finished if you do!”
“- Mrs. Phelps Potter - Edith: You're so slim, I could kill you.
- Mrs. Stephen Haines - Mary: You don't have to. The diet I'm on is pure poison.”
- Mrs. John Day - Peggy: Listen to the wheels, don't they seem to be saying something?
- Mrs. Stephen Haines - Mary: No.
- Mrs. John Day - Peggy: Don't they seem to be saying "Go back, go back, go back, go back?".
“- Mrs. Howard Fowler - Sylvia: Mary Haines, don't you have any pride?
- Mrs. Stephen Haines - Mary: No pride at all. That's a luxury a woman in love can't afford.”