Reputation quotes90 reputation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The first monster you have to scare the audience with is yourself.”
“- Avon Rose: I know you're crazy about Ethan, I know that, but you have to remember what I've been telling you. The most precious thing that a girl has is her reputation.
- Caitlin Rose: What planet are you from?”
“- Vicomte de Valmont: I often wonder how you manage to invent yourself.
- Marquise de Merteuil: Well, I had no choice, did I? I'm a woman. Women are obliged to be far more skillful than men. You can ruin our reputation and our life with a few well-chosen words. So, of course, I had to invent, not only myself, but ways of escape no one has every...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Immortality is a by-product of good work. ”
“The guy's good. There's nobody in the business who can touch him and you're a fool to try. And the bastard knows it.”
“There's always going to be a separate version of you that people will create, and you have no control over it.”
“- Lawrence Isabella: I've heard a lot about you.
- Joey Rosselini: Yeah? Good things, I hope.”
“- Wendy: Do you know how I got my reputation?
- Pee Wee: How?
- Wendy: In the 8th grade, I didn't know anything. A bunch of guys wanted to get me to go skinny dipping, I didn't want to but I didn't care if they did so I just watched. I thought it was funny, flopping around... the next day I was a slut, the original mattress-back.”
“It's a very rare person who is taken for what he truly is.”
“An outsider is ruining our business and our reputation.”
“Pretty people aren't as accepted as other people. It's like, 'She's pretty and thin and she's got to have problems. She's messed up.'”
“An adventure may be worn as a muddy spot or it may be worn as a proud insignia. It is the woman wearing it who makes it the one thing or the other.”
“Never let them see you in public after you've turned thirty-five. You're finished if you do!”
“I thought if I went somewhere where I didn't know anybody and they didn't know me I could start all over again.”
“- Ed: This is where I come to think... I think.
- Dexter Reed: Funny, I never figured you as much of a thinker.”
“Oh, your honor! Your selfishness! Your hypocrisy! Your egotism! You've never considered me as a human being. Your social position and... your reputation.”
“Your word is who you are.”
“- Theresa von Rodeck: Somebody has been asking questions about us.
- Col. Stewart: Who?
- Theresa von Rodeck: A man called Peter Shelley. What would your General Patton say if he knew you had a German mistress?
- Col. Stewart: Oh, come on, Theresa. Half the American army are living with German girls.”