Gary Cooper quotes
“I think people should always behave as though they were between planes.”
“He who loves and runs away, lives to love another day.”
“- Frank Flannagan: What does he export and what does he import?
- Ariane Chavasse: Oh, he uh - he exports perfume and imports bananas. There's a fortune in it. Do you realize that for one bottle of perfume you get twelve bananas?
- Frank Flannagan: Twelve bananas for one bottle of - doesn't sound like such a hot deal to me.
- Ariane Chavasse:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“From what I hear about Communism, I don't like it because it isn't on the level.”
“People ask me 'how come you been around so long?' Well, it's through playing the part of Mr. Average Joe American.”
“Until I came along, all the leading men were handsome, but luckily they wrote a lot of stories about the fellow next door.”
“I'm world famous, everywhere I go there are people who love me because of I've been able to bring them some joy from the movies I've made.”
“I enlisted when I was a boy. The Navy looked after me like my mother. It fed me, took care of me and gave me wonderful opportunities.”
“She looked like a cold dish with a man until you got her pants down. Then she’d explode.”
“I shall regret the absence of your keen mind. Unfortunately, it is inseparable from an extremely disturbing body.”
“We can't win the old ball game unless we have teamwork. And that's where every John Doe comes in. It's up to him to get together with his teammate. And your teammate, my friends, is the guy next door to you.”
“- Trampas: You're liable to talk yourself into a heap of trouble, my friend.
- The Virginian: Since when was I your friend, Trampas?”
“In Westerns you were permitted to kiss your horse but never your girl.”
“I don't know much about mutinies, but I do know it isn't good form to plan them at the top of your voice.”
“- John Geste: Well, isn't anybody going to say a word?
- Beau Geste: You young pup, we're both so disgusted with you we're speechless.
- John Geste: I'm no worse than either of you.”
“Luck or no luck, when your time comes, you're going to get it.”