Humphrey Bogart quotes
“The only point in making money is, you can tell some big shot where to go.”
“I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.”
“You're not a star until they can spell your name in Karachi.”
“I don't approve of the John Waynes and the Gary Coopers saying 'Shucks, I ain't no actor—I'm just a bridge builder or a gas station attendant.' If they aren't actors, what the hell are they getting paid for? I have respect for my profession. I worked hard at it.”
“Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.”
“When your head says one thing and your whole life says another, your head always loses.”
“Nothing beats making love. It's the most fun you can have without laughing.”
“Louis, this looks like the beginning of of a beautiful friendship.”
“- Ilsa Lund: I said I would never leave you.
- Rick Blaine: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of.”
“I'm the only cause I'm interested in.”
“Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.”
“We'll always have Paris.”
“- Gwendolyn Chelm: I have a theory about you and your friends.
- Billy Dannreuther: Correction - my associates.
- Gwendolyn Chelm: As a matter of fact, I think you're doctors. Evil ones, I mean. You're going to the heart of the jungle where human life is cheap, to perform ghastly experiments which require the sacrifice of thousands on the altar...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me.”
“- Linus Larrabee: She doesn't want money; she wants love.
- Oliver Larrabee: I thought they discontinued that model.”
“- Thomas Fairchild: I like to think of life as a limousine. Though we are all riding together, we must remember our places. There's a front seat and a back seat and a window in between.
- Linus Larrabee: Fairchild, I never realized it before, but you're a terrible snob.
- Thomas Fairchild: Yes, sir.”
“- Sabrina Fairchild: Maybe you should go to Paris, Linus.
- Linus Larrabee: To Paris?
- Sabrina Fairchild: It helped me a lot. Have you ever been there?
- Linus Larrabee: Oh, yes. Yes. Once. I was there for thirty-five minutes.
- Sabrina Fairchild: Thirty-five minutes?
- Linus Larrabee: Changing planes. I was on my way to Iraq on an oil deal.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Mr. Maryk, you may tell the crew for me that there are four ways of doing things aboard my ship: The right way, the wrong way, the Navy way, and my way. They do things my way, and we'll get along.”