Pride quotes231 pride quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Wherever you go in the world, you just have to say you're Canadian and people laugh.”
“We all suffer from spiritual pride. We all do. You must remember that, uh... you are not God. In God, we move, and live, and have our being. We live in God, but we are not of it. You're only human.”
“- Professor Fred Lieberman: Millions of people nowadays are religious only in the vaguest sense. I've often wondered why the Jews among them still go on calling themselves Jews. Do you know, Mr. Green?
- Phil Green: No, but I'd like to.
- Professor Fred Lieberman: Because the world still makes it an advantage not to be one. Thus it becomes a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Stop putting yo' head down in my house! You know my rule. It's all love and all pride in this house! Do you feel me?”
“- William Thatcher: My pride is the only thing that they can't take from me.
- Jocelyn: They can take it away from you; they can, and they will. Oh, they will. But love they cannot take.”
“- Major General Thomas F. Waverly: I got along very well in the Army without you.
- Emma Allen: It took 15,000 men to take my place.”
“- Dale Kerrigan: [voice-over] Dad always had a way of making us feel special. Like the time I dug a hole.
- Darryl Kerrigan: Go on, tell them Dale.
- Dale Kerrigan: I dug a hole.
- Sal Kerrigan: Oh good on you Dale.”
“A man without a horse is like a man without legs.”
“- Anakin Skywalker: My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count.
- Count Dooku: Good. Twice the pride, double the fall.”
“I know more about the law and the history out here than the people themselves. Let me tell you, I feel for them. They're a proud people. But they're also a conquered people. That means their future is dictated by the nation that conquered them. Rightly or wrongly, that's the way it works, down through history.”
“Sometimes even a cowboy's gotta swallow his pride to hold on to somebody he loves.”
“- Augustus Gibbons: Let me simplify it for you. Kick some ass, get the girl, and try to look dope while you do it.
- Xander Cage: I could definitely make that work.”
“Pride is not the opposite of shame, but rather it’s source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.”
“It’s hard to put a leash on a dog. Once you’ve put a crown on its head.”
“Pardner, do you know what's on the back of a poor man when he dies? The clothes of pride. And they're not a bit warmer to him than when he was alive.”
“You reach a certain age, and you're so proud that you're walking and breathing and loving and working and all of that at 90.”
“Great stars have great pride!”
“Hey, what's wrong with you? Every time someone threatens your pride or hurts your little fat feelings, you puff up like an emotional porcupine.”
“- Mrs. Alexis Richardson: I'm Mrs. Alexis Richardson.
- Frankie Madison: You say that like it was spelt in capital letters.”