Pride quotes234 pride quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Remember the Titans
“Wherever you go in the world, you just have to say you're Canadian and people laugh.”
- From the movie: The Two Popes
“We all suffer from spiritual pride. We all do. You must remember that, uh... you are not God. In God, we move, and live, and have our being. We live in God, but we are not of it. You're only human.”
- From the movie: Gentleman's Agreement
“- Professor Fred Lieberman: Millions of people nowadays are religious only in the vaguest sense. I've often wondered why the Jews among them still go on calling themselves Jews. Do you know, Mr. Green?
- Phil Green: No, but I'd like to.
- Professor Fred Lieberman: Because the world still makes it an advantage not to be one. Thus it becomes a...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Moonlight
“Stop putting yo' head down in my house! You know my rule. It's all love and all pride in this house! Do you feel me?”
- From the movie: My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
“The greeks invented italian.”
- From the movie: A Knight's Tale
“- William Thatcher: My pride is the only thing that they can't take from me.
- Jocelyn: They can take it away from you; they can, and they will. Oh, they will. But love they cannot take.”
- From the movie: Gunga Din
“Chata, take him to the tower and teach him the error of false pride.”
- From the movie: White Christmas
“- Major General Thomas F. Waverly: I got along very well in the Army without you.
- Emma Allen: It took 15,000 men to take my place.”
- From the movie: Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
“I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.”
- From the movie: East Is East
- From the movie: The Castle
“- Dale Kerrigan: [voice-over] Dad always had a way of making us feel special. Like the time I dug a hole.
- Darryl Kerrigan: Go on, tell them Dale.
- Dale Kerrigan: I dug a hole.
- Sal Kerrigan: Oh good on you Dale.”
- From the movie: The Man from Snowy River
“A man without a horse is like a man without legs.”
“- Anakin Skywalker: My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count.
- Count Dooku: Good. Twice the pride, double the fall.”
- From the movie: Thunderheart
“I know more about the law and the history out here than the people themselves. Let me tell you, I feel for them. They're a proud people. But they're also a conquered people. That means their future is dictated by the nation that conquered them. Rightly or wrongly, that's the way it works, down through history.”
- From the movie: The Castle
- From the movie: Urban Cowboy
“Sometimes even a cowboy's gotta swallow his pride to hold on to somebody he loves.”
- From the movie: xXx: Return of Xander Cage
“- Augustus Gibbons: Let me simplify it for you. Kick some ass, get the girl, and try to look dope while you do it.
- Xander Cage: I could definitely make that work.”
- La trovi in Career in Cinema
- From the TV Series: My Hero Academia
“Even trash has its pride. If someone has expectations for us.. then we need to meet them.”
- From the movie: Thor
- From the TV Series: Glee
- From the animation: Avatar: The Last Airbender
“Pride is not the opposite of shame, but rather it’s source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.”
- From the TV Series: Game of Thrones
“It’s hard to put a leash on a dog. Once you’ve put a crown on its head.”
- From the movie: Ride the High Country
“Pardner, do you know what's on the back of a poor man when he dies? The clothes of pride. And they're not a bit warmer to him than when he was alive.”