“You can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time. That two bodies can become so mixed up that you don't know who's who or what's what. And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die. You kind of do. Leaving you alone in your separate body. But the one you love is still there. That's the miracle. You can go...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Bicentennial Man” quotes(1999)
Plot – Richard Martin decides to buy himself a gift: a brand new NDR-114 robot that his youngest daughter, who mistakes him for an android, calls Andrew. However, Andrew is not an android but a robot bought to perform the simplest tasks: cooking, cleaning, looking after the children and playing with them. An accident caused by Richard's youngest daughter moves the whole family to treat it as a human being. On its side, Andrew also begins to experience feelings which are almost human.
All actors – Robin Williams, Embeth Davidtz, Sam Neill, Oliver Platt, Kiersten Warren, Wendy Crewson, Hallie Kate Eisenberg, Lindze Letherman, Angela Landis, John Michael Higgins, Bradley Whitford, Igor Hiller, Joe Bellan, Brett Wagner, Stephen Root, Scott Waugh, Quinn Smith, Kristy Connelly, Jay Johnston, George Wallace, Lynne Thigpen, Ples Griffin, Marcia Pizzo, Paula DuPré Pesmen, Clarke Devereux, Bruce Kenneth Wagner, Paula West, Kevin 'Tiny' Ancell, Richard Cross, Adam Bryant, Eric Fiedler, Billy Bryan, Christopher Nelson, Jim Kundig, Terry Sandin, Mike Elizalde, Mark Garbarino, Christian Ristow, Leonard MacDonald, Dan Rebett, Bernhard Eichholz, Evan Brainard, Benny Buettner, Kamela Portuges, Michael Steffe, Mark Walas, Andy Arness, Merridee Book, Kenny Byerly, Kimberly Delmer, Jeffrey Grellman, Marquis Horace, Whayne Jerome-Clayton, Alexander Kanellakos, Jeffrey Leon, Yoli Mapp, Rusty Nelson, Barry Ratcliffe, Scott Trimble, A'da Alison Woolfolkshow all
“Bicentennial Man” Quotes 10 quotes
“One is glad to be of service.”
“- Rupert Burns: What do they say?
- Andrew Martin: That you can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time. That two bodies can become so mixed up, that you don't know who's who or what's what. And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do. Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the...” (continue) (continue reading)
“As a robot, I could have lived forever. But I tell you all today, I would rather die a man, than live for all eternity a machine.”
“Imperfection is the key. Imperfections make us individuals, that's what makes us unique.”
“How do you make a hanky dance? Put a little boogie in it!”
“What's silent and smells like worms? Bird farts.”
“- Andrew Martin: Will every human being that I care for just... leave?
- Portia Charney: I'm afraid so.”
- Andrew Martin: What a piece of fecal matter.
- Rupert Burns: Shit.
- Andrew Martin: Excuse me?
- Rupert Burns: What a piece of shit.
- Andrew Martin: I know that.
- Rupert Burns: No, that's what you say when you're frustrated. You say: "piece of shit”.
- Andrew Martin: "Piece of shit"?
- Rupert Burns: Yes, but with feeling.