Sir Kenneth Branagh quotes
“It's quite hard for people to just accept that they're very contradictory.”
“- Supermodel: You're not afraid of catching germs? And you know, I'm coming down with a cold and everything...
- Lee Simon: From you I'd be willing to catch terminal cancer.”
“The man had been driven his whole life by hatred of his father. When the mother died, that was a loss. When the father died, the hate had lost his object, then the man's life was empty. Over.”
“The man I bought it from explained to me that, when a husband gives
it to his wife, they become two halves of the same person.
Nothing can separate them... not even death.”
“- Miguel: Any regrets?
- Tulio: You mean besides dying? Yeah. I never had enough... gold.
- Miguel: My regret, besides dying is... our greatest adventure is over before it began, and no one will even remember us.”
“ How many great stories are tragedies?”
“Ah, love. It is not safe.”
“A person in love would do anything.”
“You don't negotiate with a tiger. You admire a tiger until he turns on you and you feel its true fucking nature!”
“- Henry: I just wanted to ask how you knew.
- William Shakespeare: Knew what?
- Henry: Everything.
- William Shakespeare: My friend, I don't even know how to keep the slugs out of the Hollyhocks.”
“- Henry Wriothesley: We have only Johnson now.
- William Shakespeare: Who laughs at me because I speak no Greek and don't know whether Bohemia has a coast.
- Henry Wriothesley: Oh Christ Will, why do you care what he thinks? You wrote King Lear.”
“I've lived so long in imaginary worlds, I think I've lost sight of what is real, of what is true.”
“- Commander Bolton: The tide's turning now.
- Colonel Winnant: How can you tell?
- Commander Bolton: The bodies are coming back.”
“Remember boy, when it comes to women, you're never too old for humiliation.”
“- Peter McGowan: Maybe that's everything in writing: a catchy title.
- Debra Salhany: So is that why you decided to call your first novel 'How to Kill Your Neighbor's Dog'?
- Peter McGowan: Oh, that isn't mere affectation. That's a practical guidebook full of juicy bits on suburban terrorism.”
“- Larry: You're lucky. You got Melanie. There are men who'd die for her.
- Peter McGowan: Yeah, die for her or have her kill you. Either way, you're dead.”
“I have lived long enough to know what I like. What I dislike, I cannot abide.”
“I have seen the fracture of the human soul. So many broken lives, so much pain and anger, giving way to the poison of deep grief, until one crime became many.”
- Tulio: Miguel, you're talking to a horse!
- Miguel: Yes, that's it Altivo. Find the pry bar!
- Tulio: Yes, "find the pry bar". He doesn't understand "pry bar"! He's a dumb horse, there's no way he could understand.
“Seeing home doesn't help us get there, Captain.”
“- Bonnie: Apparently his first two books...
- Lee Simon: They were obliterated. I got the 3 esses: self-indulgent, sophomoric, sollipsistic...”