Sir Kenneth Branagh quotes
“It's quite hard for people to just accept that they're very contradictory.”
“- Supermodel: You're not afraid of catching germs? And you know, I'm coming down with a cold and everything...
- Lee Simon: From you I'd be willing to catch terminal cancer.”
“The man I bought it from explained to me that, when a husband gives
it to his wife, they become two halves of the same person.
Nothing can separate them... not even death.”
“- Henry: I just wanted to ask how you knew.
- William Shakespeare: Knew what?
- Henry: Everything.
- William Shakespeare: My friend, I don't even know how to keep the slugs out of the Hollyhocks.”
“- Henry Wriothesley: We have only Johnson now.
- William Shakespeare: Who laughs at me because I speak no Greek and don't know whether Bohemia has a coast.
- Henry Wriothesley: Oh Christ Will, why do you care what he thinks? You wrote King Lear.”
“I've lived so long in imaginary worlds, I think I've lost sight of what is real, of what is true.”
“- Commander Bolton: The tide's turning now.
- Colonel Winnant: How can you tell?
- Commander Bolton: The bodies are coming back.”
“Remember boy, when it comes to women, you're never too old for humiliation.”
“- Peter McGowan: Maybe that's everything in writing: a catchy title.
- Debra Salhany: So is that why you decided to call your first novel 'How to Kill Your Neighbor's Dog'?
- Peter McGowan: Oh, that isn't mere affectation. That's a practical guidebook full of juicy bits on suburban terrorism.”
“- Larry: You're lucky. You got Melanie. There are men who'd die for her.
- Peter McGowan: Yeah, die for her or have her kill you. Either way, you're dead.”
“I have lived long enough to know what I like. What I dislike, I cannot abide.”
“I have seen the fracture of the human soul. So many broken lives, so much pain and anger, giving way to the poison of deep grief, until one crime became many.”
- Tulio: Miguel, you're talking to a horse!
- Miguel: Yes, that's it Altivo. Find the pry bar!
- Tulio: Yes, "find the pry bar". He doesn't understand "pry bar"! He's a dumb horse, there's no way he could understand.
“Seeing home doesn't help us get there, Captain.”
“- Bonnie: Apparently his first two books...
- Lee Simon: They were obliterated. I got the 3 esses: self-indulgent, sophomoric, sollipsistic...”
“I'd rather face waves than dive-bombers.”
“- Commander Bolton: You can practically see it from here.
- Colonel Winnant: What?
- Commander Bolton: Home.”
“- Commander Bolton: The enemy tanks have stopped.
- Colonel Winnant: Why? Why waste precious tanks when they can pick us off from the air like a fish in a barrel?”
“- James Moon: So you're married too?
- Birkin: Sort of. She went off with another chap. Not for the first time. Can't say I blame her really. Her name is Vinny.
- James Moon: Yes, I thought it might be something like that. As for me, never really met the right woman. Luckily for her.”
“It is important to know what words mean, but it is important to remember that a thousand years from now, no matter who holds the power, history will be written in those words.”
I think the doorbell's heard my wife shout "I'm coming" more than I have these days.
“You Americans like to think of yourselves as direct, but I wonder if perhaps you are just rude.”