Sam Neill quotes
- Captain Borodin: I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?
- Marko Ramius: I suppose.
- Captain Borodin: No papers?
- Marko Ramius: No papers,... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Grant: I have a theory that there are two kinds of boys. There are those that want to be astronomers, and those that want to be astronauts. The astronomer, or the paleontologist, gets to study these amazing things from a place of complete safety.
- Erik: But then you never get to go into space.
- Dr. Grant: Exactly. That's the difference...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- David Jenkins: Suppose we'd had you, an invisible agent in 1939. Maybe there wouldn't have been a second World War.
- Nick Halloway: What are you saying? You mean I would've killed Hitler for you?
- David Jenkins: I mean maybe you could've saved thirty million lives. Changed history. Now, assassination, anything at all, is entirely ethical if...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Mayor Bob McIntyre: You've just got to tell them.
- Cliff Buxton: That we lost Apollo 11?
- Mayor Bob McIntyre: Well, I wouldn't say that first.
- Cliff Buxton: What would you say first?
- Mayor Bob McIntyre: How about "hey, you'll never guess what happened... ".
“They're not your crew any more. They belong to the ship.”
“- Dr. Grant: You're alive and that's the important thing. And thanks to you, that's one thing we have in common. Did you read Malcolm's book?
- Eric: Yeah.
- Dr. Grant: So?
- Eric: I don't know. I mean, it was kind of preachy. And too much chaos. Everything's chaos. It seemed like the guy was kind of high on himself.
- Dr. Grant: That's two...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know perfectly well what the King desires and what he shall have.”
“It's a small price to pay for an elegant life.”
“When I started in films, it never really occurred to me that I could make a career out of acting.”
“No intelligent man wears a moustache voluntarily.”
“- Mark: If I lay at your feet and yelped like a dog would you still step over me?
- Anna: Yes.”
“- Ellie: So what are you working on now?
- Dr. Grant: Raptors mostly.
- Ellie: My... favorite.
- Dr. Grant: Do you remember the sounds they made?
- Ellie: I try not to.”
“- Miller: Oh. My. God. What happened to your eyes?
- Dr. Weir: Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.”
“- Dr. Grant: These are carnivores and they really like fighting with each other. They'll use their teeth and claws to rip each other's throats out.
- Ellie Degler: Alan, he's three. Let's wait for the dinosaur lecture until he's five.”
“Love was the only thing not asked of you. Indeed it was the only thing expressly forbidden of you.”