“That is why women have the babies. Men can't take the pain...”
“Nine Months” quotes(1995)
Plot – Samuel Faulkner, a brilliant child psychiatrist, and his girlfriend Rebecca Taylor, a dance teacher, have been happy for five years. During a picnic on the beach they meet the loud and intrusive Dwyers: Marty is a car salesman and Gail is mother to three pestiferous girls and sister of Sean Fletcher, a friend of Samuel's. On their way to see Sean for a weekend, Rebecca announces that she is pregnant and Sean then terrorizes his already puzzled friend about the inconveniences of fatherhood. Rebecca's gynecologist is on holiday and his substitute is a Russian refugee and former veterinarian, the airhead Dr. Kosevic. The hesitancy of Samuel baffles enthusiastic Rebecca and, when he misses the baby's ultrasound exam for the second time, the woman decides to move in alone with Gail, who is also pregnant.
All actors – Hugh Grant, Julianne Moore, Tom Arnold, Joan Cusack, Jeff Goldblum, Robin Williams, Mia Cottet, Joey Simmrin, Ashley Johnson, Alexa PenaVega, Aislin Roche, Priscilla Aldenshow all
“Nine Months” Quotes 11 quotes
“- Truman: Are you alright, Man?
- Samuel Faulkner: Yes, I'm fine. I was just listening to what you were saying. Um, could you repeat it so I could get it down?
- Truman: You're an asshole, and my dad's a bastard!”
“- Dr. Kosevich: You want Anastasia? Drugs, yes? Okay, valium.
- Samuel Faulkner: Valium is no good for her.
- Dr. Kosevich: No, for me.”
“- Arnie: I didn't say nothing mister, you must be hearing things. Bye bye, Arnie loves you. Ya penis-head.
- Marty: Now I heard that!
- Arnie: Heard what?
- Marty: I heard what you said!
- Arnie: I didn't say nothing... Ya fat ass pussy.”
“- Gail Dwyer: Who is that, honey?
- Marty: It's, uh, my mother.
- Gail Dwyer: I thought she was dead!
- Marty: Yeah, I know, it's really weird!”
“- Rebecca Taylor: Sam! My water broke!
- Samuel Faulkner: Well, we'll get you another one!”
“- Rebecca Taylor: I don't think we should make love until we talk to the doctor.
- Samuel Faulkner: Please?
- Rebecca Taylor: We don't know what could happen, hon. But you know what? I bet if we wait a while, we can feel the baby move again.
- Samuel Faulkner: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. That would be just as much fun.”