“I spent my whole life, my entire fortune, building this ship. I'll be damned if I'm gonna lose it to a bunch of pencil-necked bankers.”
“Deep Rising” quotes(1998)
Plot – From the depths of the South China Sea, some horrible creatures attack a luxurious cruise which soon becomes a floating chamber of horrors. Saipan is a ship commanded by mercenary John Finnegan and is navigating to rescue the cruise. Once arrived, the men jump onboard and discover that something terrible has attacked the passengers and that only the captain, the shipowner and a jewel thief have survived. Finnegan and his crew have to fend off now the deadly creatures and they discover the shipowner's dirty business, as he's planning to make the cruise sink to collect the insurance's prize. In the end, only Finnegan and the thief leave the ship alive.
All actors – Treat Williams, Famke Janssen, Anthony Heald, Kevin J. O'Connor, Wes Studi, Derrick O'Connor, Jason Flemyng, Cliff Curtis, Clifton Powell, Trevor Goddard, Djimon Hounsou, Una Damonshow all
“Deep Rising” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Leila: You should do something.
- Finnegan: I've found you live longer if you don't.”
“- Canton: Six arrests, five convictions, and wanted in four countries. How does a beautiful woman as young as yourself amass such an incredible record?
- Trillian St. James: Trust me. It wasn't easy.”
“- Finnegan: Don't wander off.
- T. Ray: Didn't know you cared.
- Finnegan: I care about yer gun.”
“- Pantucci: They're catching up, we gotta slow 'em down!
- Hanover: The only way to slow 'em down is to feed 'em!
- Pantucci: Feed 'em? The only thing I got is a wet stick of gum and a breath mint!”
“- Mamooli: My goal in life before I die is to make love to a woman from every country on Earth.
- Vivo: You come to my country, I shoot your ass!”
“- Finnegan: I once saw a guy put a fish in a bottle. He corked it, sealed it tight, and threw it to a baby octopus inside a fish tank. The octopus... he felt his way all around that bottle. In less than two minutes, he got the cork off, slid inside, and ate the fish.
- Pantucci: And your moral of this story is...?
- Trillian St. James: We're the...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Finnegan: Do you know how many uncharted islands there are in this ocean?
- Pantucci: I don't know, two?”
“- Canton: The Ottoia are very crafty. They hide in burrows. They catch their victims with spiny living tentacles. Then they crush them between massive jaws.
- Trillian St. James: Then they eat you, right?
- Canton: No, they drink you. They drink you alive. Sucking all the fluids out of the body before excreting the skeletal remains.”
“If the cash is there, then we do not care. What kinda philosophy is that?”
“- Trillian St. James: What the hell are these things?
- Finnegan: Real unfriendly.”
“- Finnegan: Anything I want?
- Trillian St. James: Anything you want.
- Finnegan: Can you get me a cold beer?”