“Star Trek: First Contact” quotes(1996)
Plot – On the Enterprise that is patrolling the Cosmos, Captain Picard is informed that the Federation has started a battle against the Borg who are heading to Earth. Violating the orders received, Picard feels the threat, but soon after the Borg try to travel through time, when the Earth was living a very delicate period, the second age of darkness after the Third World War. The crew of the Enterprise arrives in Montana in 2063, on the eve of the historical first contact between humans and extra-terrestrial and, after that, the creation of the United Federation of Planets, that is Star Trek. After many difficulties and severe clashes with the Borg and their cruel queen, Picard is able to prevent the action of the enemy. The Enterprise goes back to explore the infinite space.
All actors – Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, Gates McFadden, Marina Sirtis, Alfre Woodard, James Cromwell, Alice Krige, Michael Horton, Neal McDonough, Marnie McPhail, Robert Picardo, Dwight Schultz, Adam Scott, Jack Shearer, Eric Steinberg, Scott Strozier, Patti Yasutake, Victor Bevine, David Cowgill, Scott Haven, Annette Helde, Majel Barrett, C.J. Bau, Hillary Hayes, Julie Morgan, Ronnie Rondell Jr., Don Stark, Cully Fredricksen, Tamara Lee Krinsky, Don Fischer, J.R. Horsting, Heinrich James, Andrew Palmer, Jon David Casey, Dan Woren, Robert Zachar, Patrick Barnitt, Mike Boss, Brannon Braga, Michael Braveheart, Cameron, Tracee Cocco, Jeff Coopwood, Randy James, James Mapes, Ronald D. Moore, Ethan Phillips, Ray Uhler, Michael Zaslowshow all
“Star Trek: First Contact” Quotes 27 quotes
“- Data: Sir, does tactile contact alter your perception of the Phoenix?
- Picard: Oh, yes! For humans, touch can connect you to an object in a very personal way, make it seem more real.”
“- Borg Queen: Are you familiar with physical forms of pleasure?
- Data: If you are referring to sexuality, I am... fully functional, programmed in... multiple techniques.
- Borg Queen: How long since you've used them?
- Data: Eight years, seven months, sixteen days, four minutes, twenty-two...
- Borg Queen: Far too long.”
“Timeline? This is no time to talk about time! We don't have the time!... What was I saying?”
“- Data: I am unlike any lifeform you have encountered before. The codes stored in my neural net cannot be forcibly removed.
- Borg Queen: You are an imperfect being, created by an imperfect being. Finding you weakness is only a matter of time.”
“- Picard: The economics of the future are somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century.
- Lily: No money? You mean, you don't get paid?
- Picard: The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force of our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity. Actually, we're all like yourself and Dr. Cochrane.”
- Picard: Mr. Worf... I regret some of the things I said to you earlier.
- Worf: "Some"?
- Picard: As a matter of fact, I think you're the bravest man I have ever known.
- Worf: Thank you, sir.
“- Zefram Cochran: I've gotta take a leak.
- Geordi: Leak? I'm not detecting any leak.
- Zefram Cochran: Don't you people from the 24th century ever pee?”
“I've got a 4-alarm hangover. It's either from all that whiskey, or your laser beam. Or both. But I'm ready to make history.”
“I am the beginning. The end. The one who is many. I am the Borg.”
“Organic minds are such fragile things.”
- Riker: Someone once said "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgements".
- Zefram Cochran: That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?
- Riker: You did, ten years from now.
“You wanna know what my vision is? Dollar signs, money! I didn't build this ship to usher in a new era for humanity. You think I wanna see the stars? I don't even like to fly! I take trains! I built this ship so I could retire to some tropical island... filled with... naked women. That's Zefram Cochran. That's his vision.”
“- Riker: Wow! Look at that!
- Zefram Cochran: Don't tell me you've never seen the moon before.
- Riker: It's just looks a lot different, that's all. There are 50 million people living on the moon in my time.”
“- Zefram Cochran: Is that Earth?
- Geordi: That's it!
- Zefram Cochran: It's so small...
- Riker: It's about to get a whole lot bigger.”
“- Data: She brought me closer to humanity than I ever thought possible. And for a time, I was tempted by her offer.
- Picard: How long a time?
- Data: 0.68 seconds sir. For an android, that is nearly an eternity.”
“- Holographic Doctor: Please state the nature of the medical emergency.
- Beverly: Twenty Borg are about to break through that door. We need time to get out of here! Create a diversion!
- Holographic Doctor: This isn't part of my program! I'm a doctor, not a doorstop.
- Beverly: Well, do a dance! Tell a story! I don't care! Just give us a few...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Data: Captain, I believe I am feeling... anxiety. It is an intriguing sensation. A most distracting...
- Picard: Data, I'm sure it's a fascinating experience, but perhaps you should deactivate your emotion chip for now.
- Data: Good idea, sir... Done.
- Picard: Data, there are times that I envy you.”
“- Borg Queen: You are in chaos, Data. You are the contradiction: a machine who wishes to be human.
- Data: Since you seem to know so much about me, you must be aware I am programmed to evolve. To better myself.
- Borg Queen: We too are on a quest to better ourselves, evolving toward a state of perfection.
- Data: Forgive me: the Borg do not...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Zefram Cochran: A group of cybernetic creatures from the future have traveled back through time to enslave the human race... and you're here to stop them?
- Riker: That's right.
- Zefram Cochran: Hot damn! You're heroic.”
“We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”