Greed quotes76 greed quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The humans have forgotten the gods, destroyed the Earth, and for what? Parking lots? Shopping malls? Greed had burned a hole in their hearts that will never be filled! They will never have enough!”
“What's Conover? No more than a symbol of the greed and cruelty and lust for power that have set men at each other's throats down through the centuries and the struggle will go on, Watson, for a pearl, kingdom, perhaps even world dominion... till the greed and cruelty have burned out of every last one of us. And when that time comes, perhaps even...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Val Cannon: Don't be greedy.
- Sherry Peatty: I'm not greedy! Val, I'm in love with you and if that's being greedy, then, I'm the biggest glutton that ever walked the earth.
- Val Cannon: Don't make it sounds so ominous. It sounds like you're gonna eat me alive.
- Sherry Peatty: I may just do that.”
“I think you're the only girl in the world who can stand on a stage with a spotlight in her eye and still see a diamond inside a man's pocket.”
“Every woman wants new shoes.”
“I want unlimited things. I want everything. A real love. A real house. A real thing to do every day. I'd rather die, if I don't get it.”
“- Nash: For Emil it's personal but for you it's all about greed.
- Pavlou: For a hundred million it's a lot more than that.”
“- Maître D': Today we have, for appetizers moules marinières, pâté de foie gras, beluga caviar, eggs Benedictine, tart de poireaux, that's leek tart, frogs' legs amandine, or oeufs de caille Richard Shepherd, c’est à dire, little quails' eggs on a bed of puréed mushroom. It's very delicate, very subtle.
- Mr. Creosote: I'll have the lot.”
“- Rafayel: How many more worlds have to burn before you're satisfied, Gabriel?
- Gabriel: Just the one. This one. I'm not greedy.”
“- Governor Ratcliffe: Wiggins, why do you think those insolent heathens attacked us?
- Wiggins: Because we invaded their land and cut down their trees and dug up their earth?
- Governor Ratcliffe: It's the gold! They have it and they don't want us to take it from them. Well, I'll just have to take it by force then, won't I?”
“- Eddie: What the hell are you doing?
- Deacon: 17 million 4 ways I'm to greedy for that, Eddie.”
“To me the company was about making life better, but to Ratchet, it was making money that came first. I became old-fashioned, and outmoded. Ratchet beat me, and he's gonna beat you.”
“- John: I'm not gonna crawl on my belly in front of those miserable union rats.
- Elsie: Is that what this is about? Is this about your pride?
- John: It's about what's best for Coalwood. If this mine doesn't produce, then the town dies. Think the union gives a damn about that? They're nothin' but a bunch of greedy sons of bitches.”
“- Malkina: Greed really takes you to the edge, doesn't it?
- Reiner: That's not what greed does. That's what greed is.”
“I want you to show right now how much you love God! I want you to show as your tithe! I want you to open up your hearts! And open up your wallets! And open up your purses! And give it up! Praise the Lord! Somebody's been talking about me, talking about I've been riding around in a Cadillac! If you love me, and you wanna give to me, then I should...” (continue)(continue reading)