Violence quotes381 violence quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Jack Torrance: I'm not gonna hurt you.
- Wendy Torrance: Stay away from me!
- Jack Torrance: Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in! Gonna bash 'em right the fuck in!”
“I don't initiate violence, I retaliate.”
“What should I tell them? If they don’t want to die remember to knock?”
“I was the best of the best, able to shut down, control, manipulate; all basic human instincts towards one goal: The completion of my mission. But the effects of committing extreme violence on other human beings are biological and physiological. That's the price of being a warrior.”
“You never win with violence. You only win when you maintain your dignity.”
“I have no words. My voice is in my sword...”
“- Mal: Tomorrow we'll go into town and straighten this out once and for all. And then we'll be back here, farming. If I catch any of those cattle on our land after tomorrow, I'm gonna start carvin' them into steaks. And believe me, that's one thing I know about.
- Dawson: Killin' cattle is a hanging offense in these parts! If we shot you down...” (continue)(continue reading)
“They say if you resort to violence, then you've already lost.”
“While it is a sad fact that mass homicide and practitioners of blood cults infest our society, the producers of this film wish to express that they do not condone, nor do they want to inspire, any of the human butchery or violence portrayed in this film. If you feel you will be offended by such material, please leave the theatre at once. Note:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawn mower blade. Yes, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two.”
“- Peter: You feel so sure of that when you look out on a clear night like tonight and see all those millions of stars, that none of it matters?
- Lloyd: I think its just as beautiful as you do, and vaguely evocative of some deep truth that always just keeps slipping away, but then my professional perspective overcomes me; I just wish for a more...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You gotta get the ground beneath your feet, partner, get the wind behind your back and go out in a blaze if you got to! Otherwise you ain't shit! You might as well be dead your damn self!”
“- Mongol General: We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?
- Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
- Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?
- Conan: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.
- Mongol General: That is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Uplink underground, uplink underground. If you say that one more time, I'll uplink your ass, and you'll be underground!”
“Now, these motherfuckers smoked your goddamn cousin in front of you nigga, blew his head off in front of your face... and you ain't gonna do shit? You actin like a little bitch right now nigga. Man fuck that, I ain't goin’ to let that shit ride. We goin’ to go over there and smoke all these motherfuckers, I don't care who the fucks out there......” (continue)(continue reading)
“- John Shaft Jr.: You can't beat up a woman!
- John Shaft II: Why not?
- John Shaft Jr.: Because she's a woman! That's like, misogynistic!
- John Shaft II: You're the one being misogynistic, I never even mentioned her gender! I'm an equal-opportunity ass-whooper!”
“Is there no non-violent people in Harlem?”