Destiny quotes208 destiny quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.”
“Always remember: the universe has a way of leading you to where you're supposed to be, at the moment you're supposed to be there.”
“- Margaret Sellinger: Do things have to work out this way?
- David Halloran: Things work out the way they're supposed to.”
“Each of us has a destiny - for good or for evil.”
“Sometimes who we wish we were, what we wish we could do, is just not meant to be.”
“- Sarah Williams: So few people get what they want. And the ones they do aren't really the lucky ones anyway.
- Fielding Pierce: They're not? Who are?
- Sarah Williams: The ones that do what they are meant to.”
“Dream is destiny.”
“There's no gene for fate.”
“You will say that I should have known terrible things were about to happen. You will say that I was responsible. But even so, what could I have done by then? Wade lived on the edge of his emotions. He was always first to receive the brunt of our father's anger. He had no perspective to retreat to, even in a crisis.”
“Life is not merely a series of meaningless accidents or coincidences, but rather, it's a tapestry of events that culminate in an exquisite, sublime plan.”
“Maybe we're lying here because you don't wanna be standing somewhere else.”
“Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.”
- Buddy Threadgoode: Think about all the millions of oysters lying around on the bottom of the ocean. Then one day, God comes along and he says "I think I'm gonna make that one different”. And you know what he does? He puts a little piece of sand in it. And guess what it can do that the others can't.
- Idgie Threadgoode: What?
- Buddy... (continue)(continue reading)
“When you expect nothing and get everything, that’s destiny.”
- Emmeline Marcus-Finch: Oh Russell, I feel sick.
- J. Russell Finch: Now take it easy honey, these things happen you know.
- Mrs. Marcus: Now what kind of an attitude is that, "these things happen"? They only happen because this whole country is just full of people, who when these things happen, they just say "these things happen," and that's... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Donnie Darko: If God controls time, then all time is pre-decided. Every living thing follows along a set path. And if you could see your path or channel, then you could see into the future, right? Like it's a form of time travel.
- Prof. Kenneth Monnitoff: If we were able to see our destinies manifest themselves visually, then we would be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Destiny is for losers. It’s just a lame excuse for letting things happen to you instead of making them happen.”
“Nothing's too good for the man who shot Liberty Valance.”
“- Luce Edgar: It’s like I solely get to be a saint or a monster.
- Amy Edgar: Inform me the reality?!”
“We're all dying. The world's just one big hospice with fresh air.”