Destiny quotes204 destiny quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.”
“Always remember: the universe has a way of leading you to where you're supposed to be, at the moment you're supposed to be there.”
“- Margaret Sellinger: Do things have to work out this way?
- David Halloran: Things work out the way they're supposed to.”
“Each of us has a destiny - for good or for evil.”
“- Sarah Williams: So few people get what they want. And the ones they do aren't really the lucky ones anyway.
- Fielding Pierce: They're not? Who are?
- Sarah Williams: The ones that do what they are meant to.”
“There's no gene for fate.”
“Life is not merely a series of meaningless accidents or coincidences, but rather, it's a tapestry of events that culminate in an exquisite, sublime plan.”
“Maybe we're lying here because you don't wanna be standing somewhere else.”
“Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.”
“When you expect nothing and get everything, that’s destiny.”
- Emmeline Marcus-Finch: Oh Russell, I feel sick.
- J. Russell Finch: Now take it easy honey, these things happen you know.
- Mrs. Marcus: Now what kind of an attitude is that, "these things happen"? They only happen because this whole country is just full of people, who when these things happen, they just say "these things happen," and that's... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Donnie Darko: If God controls time, then all time is pre-decided. Every living thing follows along a set path. And if you could see your path or channel, then you could see into the future, right? Like it's a form of time travel.
- Prof. Kenneth Monnitoff: If we were able to see our destinies manifest themselves visually, then we would be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We're all dying. The world's just one big hospice with fresh air.”
“During his lifetime each man plays cosmic chess with the devil. It's difficult to know who's winning, because God plays with one set of rules, the devil plays with the other exactly opposite set of rules. But one thing is clear. The only real sin is the sin of concealment.”
“Understand that we are all co-creators of our respective destinies.”
“- Frank Walker: Okay, accept that there is a world where I know, with absolute certainty the exact time of your death? Now, do want me to tell you, or not?
- Casey Newton: Of course I would. Who wouldn't? But — what if accepting my death is what causes it? So the answer is yes. I would want you to tell me — but I wouldn’t believe you.
- Frank...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Frederick Funston: These are insurrectos! And I'm Major Funston! You killed some of my men!
- Capt. Bucky O'Neil: Major Funston! I can't take it back. We're all going the same place, now let's get there together!”
“Sir, Hunt is the living manifestation of destiny - and he has made you his mission.”
“You want to put some kind of explanation down here before you leave? Here's one as good as any you're likely to find. We're bein' punished by the Creator. He visited a curse on us. So that man could look at... what Hell was like. Maybe He didn't want to see us blow ourselves up, put a big hole in the sky. Maybe He just wanted to show us He's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You will face it when it's worth it to you.”