Bankers quotes41 bankers quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Hunk Houghton: I was singin' country music before the words were invented. And I was on stage with the best of 'em. Eddy Arnold. Roy Acuff.
- Vince Everett: Did you make good money?
- Hunk Houghton: I made two bills a week. I was swimmin' in gravy in those days.
- Vince Everett: Okay, get on to the sad part.
- Hunk Houghton: A woman and a bank...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In times of real trouble, the one thing man can depend on is the sympathy of the bank.”
“When banks came into pictures, trouble came with them.”
“I spent my whole life, my entire fortune, building this ship. I'll be damned if I'm gonna lose it to a bunch of pencil-necked bankers.”
“These banks practically destroyed this country. They crushed a lot of people's dreams, and nothing ever happened to them. We three old guys, we hit a bank. We get away with it, we retire in dignity. Worst comes to the worst, we get caught, we get a bed, three meals a day, and better health care than we got now.”
“Studies have shown that regulatory burden and compliance is one of the most significant costs to a small bank, substantially more than anything other than your payroll.”
“My fear is that I'm gonna put you in a bikini and you'll still look like a fucking bank teller.”
“- Diane Lightson: Does he treat all traffic violators this graciously?
- Dennis: Only ones he takes a special interest in, like bankers.”
“- Patty: What do you want?
- Elaine: I want you to get this lousy bank to lend me some money, or at least extend my MasterCharge limit. Oh, Patty, You've got to help me! I'm broke, flat busted broke. The house and car payments are due on Monday, I needmoney.
- Patty: You know how banks operate. They only lendmoney to people who don't need it.”
“- Chris Thorne: Come on, death for running a stop sign?
- Judge Alvin 'J.P' Valkenheiser: And for being a banker! That's the double death.”
“- Janiece: You told me you were a banker...
- Miles Logan: A bank robber!”
“I saw a man strangle a human being - well, an accountant anyway.”
“My grandfather built this bank on sweat and steel, not bullshit and nepotism. He put the bank first, and so I do too.”
“Insurance companies. See, all the banks is insured now, and that's who takes the loss. And hell, they're the biggest crooks of 'em all. We are just little thieves stealing from the big thieves, that's all.”
“- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: Let's get started, I got until noon to look like a banker.
- Luigi Finucci: We make you look like a banker. Take off your pants.”
“- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: You come into my house with your fine print and addendums and try to con me out of my dough? Geez, I'm used to dealing with mobsters, bootleggers, and gunzles, but you bankers... are scary.
- Kirkwood: I have never been so insulted in all my life.
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: Wait. You're young yet.”
“One. Close the door. Two. Open the safe. Three. On the floor.”
“- Clark Griswold: So, this is the old homestead, eh?
- Cousin Eddie: Yeah. I don't know for how much longer, though. The bank's been after me like flies on a rib roast.”
“- Marshal Curly Wilcox: What I really want is a look in that banker's bag.
- Buck: He keeps that dang thing closer to him than his belt buckle.
- Marshal Curly Wilcox: That's why I want a look in it. The bag.”