Djimon Hounsou quotes
“Some of the reason why you have so many divorces is that we tend to get married, most of the time, not for ourselves, but for others, or for how it looks to others.”
“- John Quincy Adams: I'm telling you, I'm preparing you, I suppose I'm explaining to you that the test ahead of us is an exceptionally difficult one.
- Cinque: We won't be going there alone.
- John Quincy Adams: Alone? Indeed not, no we have right at our side, we have righteousness at our side. We have Mr Baldwin over there.
- Cinque: I meant my...” (continue)(continue reading)
“My passion is more about bringing the stories out from the African continent mixed with the West.”
“- Duke: Do you see that, captain?
- Baker Dill: Yeah. I see him. Alright, what do you think man? Do you think the beast is close? What do you say, Duke?
- Duke: He's down there somewhere. Making up his damn mind.”
“Pity is worse than a fist to the face.”
“You're playing with fire, mage. And I'm not killing the king before he's even become one!”
“- Bill: You've made quite a celebrity of yourself among the Blackleg ranks.
- Bedivere: You've done very nicely on the back of your cozy relationship with your King's men.
- Arthur: I'm a little old for finger-wagging and speeches. So unless you're my dad, which... I believe is unlikely, can you just get around to telling me exactly what it is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Abou Fatma: Are you a deserter?
- Harry Feversham: Something like that. I was sent to fight and I ran away. There are many reasons why. Mostly I was afraid.
- Abou Fatma: I found you halfdead crossing the desert alone. And you say you are afraid?
- Harry Feversham: There's a different kind of fear.”
“It's a part of most actors to want to be in an animated feature; to extend the legacy of your career.”
“- Mateo: What was Frankie like?
- Johnny: A warrior who is not afraid to go to the other side.”
“- John Quincy Adams: Now, you understand you're going to the Supreme Court. Do you know why?
- Cinque: It is the place where they finally kill us.”
“I thought I heard thunder last night. Must have been Satan's stomach growling.”
“What kind of a place is this where you almost mean what you say? Where laws almost work? How can you live like that?”
“When luck comes knocking on your door, you can't turn it away.”
“- Mamooli: My goal in life before I die is to make love to a woman from every country on Earth.
- Vivo: You come to my country, I shoot your ass!”
“- Solomon Vandy: So when people in your country read it, they will come help, yes?
- Maddy Bowen: Probably not.”
“- Danny Archer: What if I helped you find your family?
- Solomon Vandy: What do you know of my family?
- Danny Archer: Relief agencies are useless, the hospitals are overwhelmed. There are other ways, bro.
- Solomon Vandy: Liar!
- Danny Archer: I know people, huh? White people. Without me, you're just another black man in Africa, alright?”
“- Harry Feversham: Why are you protecting me?
- Abou Fatma: God put you in my way. I have no choice.
- Harry Feversham: God? An Englishman... and a Christian? You must have done something terrible to offend him.”
“You laugh like an Englishman.”
“- Juba: Can they hear you?
- Maximus: Who?
- Juba: Your family. In the afterlife.
- Maximus: Oh yes.
- Juba: What do you say to them?
- Maximus: To my son, I tell him I will see him again soon. To keep his heels down while riding his horse. To my wife... that is not your business.”
“I understand White people want our diamonds, yes. But how can my own people do this to each other?”
“- Mateo: Where you from?
- Christy: Ireland.
- Mateo: You came all the way to America to trick or treat?”