Ignorance quotes199 ignorance quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Look, Miss Snit, a girl does not get anywhere by acting intelligent! I mean, take a look at you and me. You chose books, I chose looks. I have a nice house, a wonderful husband and you are slaving away teaching snot-nosed children their ABCs.”
“Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge.”
“Our son doesn't know who Boz Scaggs is. We have failed as parents.”
“When we do have free time, the last thing we want is complicated analysis of our government, lobbying, international trade agreements, and taxbills. So it's no surprise that when a monotone bureaucratic Vice President came to power we hardly noticed. As he achieved a position of authority that very few leaders in the history of America ever...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Now, ignorance is the new normal! In fact, ignorance is the new excellence! The less you know, the more seemingly you gain. Not to care is deemed to be smart.”
“- Oliver: Is there anything you don't know?
- Elio: I know nothing, Oliver.
- Oliver: Well, you seem to know more than anyone else around here.
- Elio: Well, if you only knew how little I really know about the things that matter.”
“I tried to prove myself to you, but I know nothing of books, or alphabets, or sun, or moon or… All I know is Joseph loves Shannon.”
“- Kay: We do not discharge our weapons in view of the public!
- Jay: We ain't got time for this cover-up bullshit! I don't know whether or not you've forgotten, but there's an Arquillian Battle Cruiser that's about to...
- Kay: There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe...” (continue)(continue reading)
Your quest of the absolute led you straight to a zero. For you who don't know Balzac, it concerns "A Shady Business".
“Any new country I go, I realize the less I know, and the luckier I feel.”
“A world full of ignorant people is too dangerous to live in.”
“Shakespeare was not meant for taverns... nor for tavern louts.”
“- John Ballantyne: That Freud stuff's a bunch of hooey.
- Dr. Alex Brulov: Oh, you are a fine one to talk! You have a guilt complex and amnesia and you don't know if you are coming or going from somewhere, but Freud is hooey! This you know! Hmph! Wiseguy.”
“Knowledge is a fount, but unfortunately ignorance is a sea.”
“- Wang Chi-Yang: What do you know of marriage? What do you know of women?
- Wang Ta: Sir, what did you know of marriage and women when you married my mother?
- Wang Chi-Yang: Nothing. That is why I obeyed my father and married the woman he chose for me.”
“Ignorance, in the sight of the law, is no excuse.”
“What has happened to the world? That normal now passes as excellence? When did we lower our standards? There seems to be no expectation to go above and beyond what one might know, or might want to know. It seems people are blissful in their own ignorance.”
“Ronnie, I need your help. Because as much as I know about laptops, I don't know shit about computers...”
“I don't even know what hydrogen is.”
“- Paul Stephens: Who's Anne Frank?
- Jenny Anderman: Um, a girl in my English class.”