Plot – A psychologist, a biologist and a brilliant mathematician investigate on a vessel on the sea bottom, covered with centenary corals. Suddenly the vessel resurfaces and the crew members find a mysterious sphere inside it which exercises an inexplicable attraction on them.
All actors – Dustin Hoffman, Sharon Stone, Samuel L. Jackson, Peter Coyote, Liev Schreiber, Queen Latifah, Marga Gómez, Bernard Hocke, James Pickens Jr., Michael Keys Hall, Ralph Tabakin, Huey Lewisshow all
“Sphere” Quotes 9 quotes
Ted did figure it out time travel. And when we get back, we gonna tell everyone. How it's possible, how it's done, what the dangers are. But then why fifty years in the future when the spacecraft encounters a black hole does the computer call it an "unknown entry event"? Why don't they know? If they don't know, that means we never told anyone.... (continue) (continue reading)
“We come in peace. Hm, I always wanted to say that.”
- Dr. Elizabeth "Beth" Halperin: Are you telling me that by Harry going into the sphere, he now has the power to manifest his dreams, his fantasies.
- Dr. Norman Goodman: Manifest! Manifest! He made it happen. It's not that different from a child. A child imagines something that believes it's real and it's not there, but with Harry, He not only... (continue) (continue reading)
“- Dr. Norman Goodman: What the hell is it?
- Captain Harold C. Barnes: Whatever it is it seems to be what this bird was designed to do. Go out in the space and gather things like this up and bring it back.
- Dr. Norman Goodman: Yeah, but back from where?
- Dr. Harry Adams: Don't get too excited, Ted turn this thing over and it'll probably say ...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Dr. Norman Goodman: Can I ask you something about this reflective surface?
- Captain Harold C. Barnes: Yeah, it appears to be mercury, doesn't it? Except mercury is liquid at this temperature.
- Dr. Norman Goodman: Oh, no. That's not what I'm talking about. What worries me is that it's reflecting everything but us.”
“- Dr. Norman Goodman: I would be happy if Jerry had no emotions whatsoever. Because the thing of it is once you go down that road... here's Jerry, an emotional being cooped up for 300 years with no one to talk to... none of the socialization, the emotional growth that comes from contact with other emotional beings...
- Dr. Harry Adams: So...?
-...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Dr. Harry Adams: Are you a religious man, Norman?
- Dr. Norman Goodman: Atheist, but I'm flexible.”