Dustin Hoffman quotes
“One of the main things about being successful is that I stopped being afraid of dying. I was always obsessed with death, obsessed with things ending, my career being finished. Now I'm not so much. I couldn't understand why that was for a long time, and finally I realized it's because when you're a movie star you're already dead, you're embalmed.”
“- Shifu: If you only do what you can do, you'll never be better than what you are.
- Po: But I like who I am!
- Shifu: You don't even know who you are!”
“- Raymond Babbitt: 246 total.
- Charlie Babbitt: How many?
- Sally Dibbs: 250.
- Charlie Babbitt: Pretty close.
- Sally Dibbs: There's four left in the box.”
“We are fugitives of the law. Idiocy is our only option.”
“Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.”
“We must face tomorrow, whatever it may hold, with determination, joy and bravery”
“Telling the truth can be dangerous business. Honest and popular don't go hand in hand. If you admit that you play the accordion no one will hire you in a rock 'n' roll band. But we can sing out hearts out. And if we're lucky, then no neighbors complain. Because life is the way we audition for God. Let us pray that we all get the job.”
“- Raymond Babbitt: Definitely have to dance on my date. Have to learn how to dance. Definitely. Now.
- Charlie Babbitt: Ray, you're not gonna have to dance, but I will teach you sometime.
- Raymond Babbitt: Definitely have to dance with Iris.
- Charlie Babbitt: Sorry I even brought this up. You're right, Ray, you got a date with the only famous...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Stanley Motss: He's fine as long as he gets his medications...
- Winifred Ames: And if he doesn't get his medications?
- Stanley Motss: He's not fine.”
“- John Van Horne: I'm just an untalented old has-been.
- Dorothy Michaels: Were you ever famous?
- John Van Horne: No.
- Dorothy Michaels: Then how can you be a has-been?”
“- Bernie Focker: Why can't you support my dreams the way I've always supported yours? When you wanted to try new sex positions for your research, I was your guinea pig!
- Roz Focker: You volunteered!
- Bernie Focker: I pulled my hamstring doing a reverse cowgirl!
- Roz Focker: That's because you did it backwards.”
“- Ted Kramer: What's up? Tell me. What? What's the matter?
- Joanna Kramer: I woke up this morning, kept thinking about Billy and I was thinking about him waking up in his room with his little clouds all around that I painted and I thought I should have painted clouds downtown because then he would think that he was waking up at home. I came...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Po: Teaching? There's no way I'm ever gonna be like you!
- Shifu: I'm not trying to turn you into me; I'm trying to turn you into you.”
“Well, maybe to you. It's like this: Human race, horse race. There was even a Chicken Run, but there's never been a goat race. Ever, ever, ever.”
“- Chuck Clarke: What do you do?
- Jim Harrison: I'm with the CIA.
- Chuck Clarke: Interesting work?”
“Just like a musical chord, a perfume chord contains four essences, or notes, carefully selected for their harmonic affinity.”
“In Hollywood you can be forgotten while you're out of the room going to the toilet.”
“- Ted Kramer: I see the Knicks finally won a game, what do you know?
- Billy Kramer: I don't care.
- Ted Kramer: What do you mean?
- Billy Kramer: I like Boston.
- Ted Kramer: Boston? Why do you like Boston?
- Billy Kramer: 'Cause Mommy's from Boston.”
“Before the battle of the fist comes the battle of the mind…then the dramatic entrance.”
“- Bernie Focker: You kids wanna pick your nose and flick your boogers? Do it!
- Pam Focker: Hey, Bernie!
- Bernie Focker: But do it only when it's dry. Don't do a wet one.”