Discovery quotes70 discovery quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Peter: I'd be careful with those fat-free chips - they cause anal leakage.
- Roger: You cause anal leakage.
- Peter: It says so on the bag.
- Roger: What kind of marketing braniac puts anal leakage on his product? How can they even sell that crap?”
“A lot of great discoveries were accidents, like Thomas Edison and the telephone.”
-Guy: Once upon a time, there was a beautiful tiger. She lived in a cave with the rest of her family. Her father and mother told her: "You may go anywhere you want, but never go near the cliff, for you could fall."
-Grug: And fall. Good story.
-Guy: But when no one was looking, she go near the cliff, for the closer she came to the edge, the more... (continue)(continue reading)
“I called to tell you I’m not pregnant. You’re safe. It was just a possible sighting of a life form that ultimately proved false. You want to be an explorer, Augustine. To discover new worlds, to give life some hope. But while you’re doing all that, your own life is just slipping away. And that breaks my heart. But, you know, I’m sure it’s for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tommy Stubbins: What do you want us to do? Go to the North Pole?
- Dr. Dolittle: Unfortunately, there isn't time. It isn't pleasant up there.
- Tommy Stubbins: But, the North Pole hasn't been discovered yet?
- Dr. Dolittle: Not officially. And I never say anything about it; because, I promised the polar bears I wouldn't.”
“Does it sound mad? That's what they called me at Masters and Johnson's clinic, mad. Because I had visions of explorations in sexual areas undreamed of by lesser human beings. It was I who first discovered how to make a man impotent by hiding his hat. I was the first one to explain the connection between excessive masturbation and entering...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I was eight years old when my mother died. She loved traveling the world and digging up the past. He used to visit all the time, and then one day everything changed. She'd found something, something he wanted.”
“- Ulysses Klaue: What do you actually know about Wakanda?
- Everett K. Ross: Um... Shepherds. Textiles. Cool outfits.
- Ulysses Klaue: It's all a front. Explorers searched for it for centuries. El Dorado. The Golden City. They thought they could find it in South America, but it was in Africa the whole time. A technological marvel. All because it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It seems we've finally discovered the secret to your intelligence!”
“I think found a disease that no one has ever seen before. Repetitive head trauma chokes the brain! It turns you into someone else.”
“If you want to know the secret of being, you'll come with us.”
“Mr. Director, unmask yourself.”
“- Clark Kent at 13: Can't I just keep pretending I'm your son?
- Jonathan Kent: You are my son. But somewhere out there you have another father too, who gave you another name. And he sent you here for a reason, Clark. And even if it takes you the rest of your life you owe it to yourself to find out what that reason is.”
“I have discovered the great ray that first brought life upon the earth.”
“How does one come to know the unknowable? What faculties must a man possess? Since it was discovered that whale oil could light our cities in ways never achieved before, it created global demand. It has pushed man to venture further and further into the deep blue unknown. We know not its depths, nor the host of creatures that live there....” (continue)(continue reading)