Discovery quotes65 discovery quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Tommy Stubbins: What do you want us to do? Go to the North Pole?
- Dr. Dolittle: Unfortunately, there isn't time. It isn't pleasant up there.
- Tommy Stubbins: But, the North Pole hasn't been discovered yet?
- Dr. Dolittle: Not officially. And I never say anything about it; because, I promised the polar bears I wouldn't.”
“Does it sound mad? That's what they called me at Masters and Johnson's clinic, mad. Because I had visions of explorations in sexual areas undreamed of by lesser human beings. It was I who first discovered how to make a man impotent by hiding his hat. I was the first one to explain the connection between excessive masturbation and entering...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I was eight years old when my mother died. She loved traveling the world and digging up the past. He used to visit all the time, and then one day everything changed. She'd found something, something he wanted.”
“- Ulysses Klaue: What do you actually know about Wakanda?
- Everett K. Ross: Um... Shepherds. Textiles. Cool outfits.
- Ulysses Klaue: It's all a front. Explorers searched for it for centuries. El Dorado. The Golden City. They thought they could find it in South America, but it was in Africa the whole time. A technological marvel. All because it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It seems we've finally discovered the secret to your intelligence!”
“I think found a disease that no one has ever seen before. Repetitive head trauma chokes the brain! It turns you into someone else.”
“If you want to know the secret of being, you'll come with us.”
“Mr. Director, unmask yourself.”
“- Clark Kent at 13: Can't I just keep pretending I'm your son?
- Jonathan Kent: You are my son. But somewhere out there you have another father too, who gave you another name. And he sent you here for a reason, Clark. And even if it takes you the rest of your life you owe it to yourself to find out what that reason is.”
“I have discovered the great ray that first brought life upon the earth.”
“How does one come to know the unknowable? What faculties must a man possess? Since it was discovered that whale oil could light our cities in ways never achieved before, it created global demand. It has pushed man to venture further and further into the deep blue unknown. We know not its depths, nor the host of creatures that live there....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I know that one of you is a werewolf. I saw you in the garden this afternoon.”
“They still haven't improved on our model. You can't modify perfection! We are the best.”
“This is the final cruise of the Starship Enterprise under my command. This ship and her history will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun, and journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man... where no one has gone before.”
“- Smee: I've just had an apostrophe.
- Captain Hook: I think you mean an epiphany.
- Smee: Lightning has just struck my brain.
- Captain Hook: Well, that must hurt.”
“I've learned along the way you can discover more by allowing yourself to be surprised by what you encounter.”
“- Alice Keach: The painting, when will we be able to see all of it?
- Birkin: I don't know. It's a bit like a jigsaw. A face, a shoe, here a bit, there a bit. It comes together very slowly, if it comes together at all. Of course, after... 500 years I can't be sure what I'll find.
- Alice Keach: But that's the exciting part, isn't it? Not knowing...” (continue)(continue reading)