Peter Coyote quotes
“Money is a way of creating scarcity.”
“You don't see artists sitting around a lot, talking about ideology. They find out what they believe, and what they're doing, by doing it.”
“Interdependence is a fact, it's not an opinion.”
“- Dr. Norman Goodman: What the hell is it?
- Captain Harold C. Barnes: Whatever it is it seems to be what this bird was designed to do. Go out in the space and gather things like this up and bring it back.
- Dr. Norman Goodman: Yeah, but back from where?
- Dr. Harry Adams: Don't get too excited, Ted turn this thing over and it'll probably say ...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Norman Goodman: Can I ask you something about this reflective surface?
- Captain Harold C. Barnes: Yeah, it appears to be mercury, doesn't it? Except mercury is liquid at this temperature.
- Dr. Norman Goodman: Oh, no. That's not what I'm talking about. What worries me is that it's reflecting everything but us.”
“Honey, if I kept you too close it's because I wanted to keep you longer. You know, when I lost your mother, I was afraid that my heart would never open again. Jamie, I couldn't look at you for days.”
“- Ringwald: If that scooter's not back on your front lawn in two days...
- Billie Jean: We live in Breeze Haven...
- Ringwald: All right, in front of your trailer... you give us a call, we'll... drag in the fucker.”
“Don't you understand what he did? He did the identical crime eighteen months before he murdered his wife! He knew it would get him off the hook! He knew Bobby Slade was seeing his wife! That's why he did the first crime in Santa Cruz! He threw us Bobby Slade as a suspect! He picked that woman very carefully! He knew she played tennis with Slade!...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Poole: Hardin, how do you like being in the Louisiana Guard?
- Hardin: I don't. But then I didn't much like being in the Texas Guard, either.
- Poole: Well, not liking the Texas Guard makes sense. Not liking the Louisiana Guard can get you in trouble with me. You got that?”
“- Elliott: He needs to go home; he's calling his people. And I don't know where they are, but he needs to go home.
- Keys: Elliott, I don't think he was left here intentionally, but his being here is a miracle, Elliott. It's a miracle and you did the best that anybody could do. I'm glad he met you first.”
“The guy had a rap sheet as long as my dick.”