“- Lt. General Leland Zevo: Put this place on red alert. They're as good as dead.
- Hagenstern: That's your son, sir.
- Lt. General Leland Zevo: War knows no relatives.”
Plot – Kenneth Zevo founded his factory with the firm belief that, to create successful toys, the people who build them must enjoy their work. His son Leslie, who has understood his father's message, takes only one quote seriously: 'Never take anything seriously'. As he saunters through the factory wearing a coat and singing in different languages, he glowingly observes the beautiful realization of a dream that his father has cultivated throughout his life: 'Fun at hand for everyone'. The dying father leaves the management of the factory to his brother, General Leland Zevo, a warmonger who wants to create videogames and modern toy weapons to supplant the real war arsenal of the United States. However, with the help of his sister Alsatia, Gwen, his cousin and some old toys, Leslie vanquishes the mad plan.
All actors – Robin Williams, Michael Gambon, Joan Cusack, Robin Wright, LL Cool J, Donald O'Connor, Arthur Malet, Jack Warden, Debi Mazar, Wendy Melvoin, Julio Oscar Mechoso, Jamie Foxxshow all
“Toys” Quotes 10 quotes
In the words of Mahatma Gumby, "we are toys of tolerance, but there's only so much that a toy can tolerate".
“Are you taking my duplication investigation seriously or are you disrespecting my duplication investigation?”
“- Leslie Zevo: You tried to kill us all...
- Lt. General Leland Zevo: Heh... c'mon, Leslie... can't you take a joke?
- Leslie Zevo: Oh yeah! I love jokes! I love all kinds of jokes. But you know what I don't like? I don't like people trying to kill me, hurting my family and my friends, and destroying the whole world as I know it. That just...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Alsatia Zevo: I'm very disappointed that you never once had an applesauce sandwich on your menu.
- Joe at Cafeteria: Applesauce? Miss Zevo, the sandwich will get all soggy.
- Alsatia Zevo: Oh, I don't mind.
- Joe at Cafeteria: I make you one tomorrow, okay?
- Alsatia Zevo: Okay, thank you very much.”
“I can't even eat. The food keeps touching. I like military plates, I'm a military man, I want a military meal. I want my string beans to be quarantined! I like a little fortress around my mashed potatoes so the meatloaf doesn't invade my mashed potatoes and cause mixing in my plate! I hate it when food touches! I'm a military man, you understand...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Bastards, they attacked us while we were at prayer. It's like Pearl Harbor.”
“- Alsatia Zevo: You know, you remind me a lot of my brother.
- Captain Patrick Zevo: That's impossible. We're exact opposites.
- Alsatia Zevo: That's what I mean. He's all silly and soft on the outside and on the inside he's really strong and you're just the opposite.”