Disappointment quotes315 disappointment quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I used to think that men went gray because they had stressful jobs with stressful decisions to make. Now, I think it happens when men start to feel in their bones that the great moments of their lives... might not turn out to be quite as great as they'd always hoped. When the real world starts creeping in. What separates the believers like Glen...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nick Parker: Hal, come here. We have to talk
- Annie as Hallie: Okay shoot.
- Nick Parker: Okay, honey... I want to know what you think about making Meredith part of the family?
- Annie as Hallie: Part of our family?
- Nick Parker: Yeah.
- Annie as Hallie: I think it's an awesome idea. Inspired. Brilliant really.
- Nick Parker: You do? Really?...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Years of compromise and disappointment have added depth to my acting.”
“Sex? I can't even say the word... not that I was ever really into it, but... when you don't have any and there are no prospects, well, it's very upsetting!”
“- Ernie: Mr. Carson's last year as team owner, he must be really depressed.
- Bob Carson: Oh boy, Fish, look a decoder ring... I got it out of the Cracker Jack box... look it fits on your finger.
- Larry 'Fish' Fisher: Yeah, yeah, that's great, Uncle Bob.
[whispers to assistant]
- Larry Fisher: That man is turning into a cracker jack.”
You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father looked down at you, he had but one hope: "someday, my son will grow to be a man". Well look at you now; you just got your asses whipped, by a bunch of goddamn nerds.
“You got yourself a distraction that needs dealing with.”
“I trusted you, loved you, and you betrayed me!”
“I feel like the girl on her wedding night whose absent-minded husband goes home to his mother for dinner.”
“Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.”
“- Jojo Betzler: Nothing makes sense anymore.
- Yorki: Yeah, I know, definitely not a good time to be a Nazi.”
“Let me give you some advice. Assume everyone will betray you. And you will never be disappointed.”
“- Gabi Silva: I think we're going to get bored of each other.
- Martin Hallock: That's okay. You know, bored is okay.
- Gabi Silva: We're going to resent each other, too.
- Martin Hallock: We'll remind each other why we're worth it.
- Gabi Silva: I will disappoint you.
- Martin Hallock: I will disappoint you.
- Gabi Silva: You promise?
- Martin...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I think, Doctor, that you expect too much of people. If you do you'll always be disappointed.”
“A great number of the disappointments and mishaps of the troubled world are the direct result of literature and the allied arts. It is our belief that no human being who devotes his life and energy to the manufacture of fantasies can be anything but fundamentally inadequate.”
“Since when is being a slut a crime in this family?”
“- Coach: Wait a minute, that's the kidnap victim, ain't it? You didn't kill her.
- Wayne: No, coach.
- Coach: I'm real disappointing in you boys.”
“- Walt Disney: Please sit down.
- P.L. Travers: I shall not sit in the seat of a trickster! A fraudster! A sneak!
- Walt Disney: Mrs. Travers, what in the world has upset you so?
- P.L. Travers: Penguins have very much upset me! Animated, dancing penguins! Now, you have seduced me with the music, Mr. Disney, yes, you have. Those Sherman boys...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Riggan: This is my career, this is my chance to do some work that actually means something.
- Sam: Means something to who? You had a career before the third comic book movie, before people began to forget who was inside the bird costume. You're doing a play based on a book that was written 60 years ago, for a thousand rich old white people...” (continue)(continue reading)