Tolerance quotes17 tolerance quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We will work to be an example of how we, as brothers and sisters on this earth, should treat each other. Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You may not have learned much French today, but I think you have learned a little patience and tolerance and that is the same in every language.”
“- Celine Naville: So you're telling me that successful relationships are made in Heaven? Not founded on the daily practicality of two people being prepared to tolerate the imperfections of one another?
- Robert Lewis: It's not successful relationships, Celine. It's love. And it comes from a strange and wonderful place that we don't know about.”
“Isn't that what love is? I don't mean passion. Love. Isn't it an act of faith, loving someone despite having to put up with things which are intolerable? Opening your heart... again and again.”
In the words of Mahatma Gumby, "we are toys of tolerance, but there's only so much that a toy can tolerate".
“- Magneto: America was going to be the land of tolerance. Peace.
- Rogue: Are you going to kill me?
- Magneto: Yes.
- Rogue: Why?
- Magneto: Because there is no land of tolerance. There is no peace. Not here, or anywhere else.”
“That's the whole excuse for our existence? It's what makes the whole thing possible and tolerable.”
“I pride myself on being a man of forbearance and conciliation; but, if you fuck me on this, I'll crucify you!”
- Marcie: Only $50?
- Berzin: Come on, Marcie! Cut me some slack, will you?
- Marcie: Slack? No, you find slack in the dictionary between "shit" and "syphilis".
"We live in a free Country" and that is a powerful idea that is a magnificent way to live but there is a price for that freedom which is sometimes we have to tolerate things we don't necessarily like.