“Acting is not being emotional, but being able to express emotion.”
“A small man can be just as exhausted as a great man.”
“- Lou: I'm a lover!
- Grace: Numbnuts!”
“- Linda Loman: I bought a new kind of American-type cheese. And - it's whipped.
- William 'Willy' Loman: Why do you get American when I want Swiss?
- Linda Loman: I thought you'd like a change.
- William 'Willy' Loman: I don't want a change! I want Swiss cheese! Why am I always being contradicted?
- Linda Loman: Well, I wanted it to be a surprise.”
“Help me, Willy, I can't cry. It seems to me that you're just on another trip and I keep expecting you. Why did you do it? I search and search - and I search, and I - can't understand it, Willy. I made the last payment on the house today. Today, dear. And there'll be nobody home. We're free and clear. We're free. We're free. We're free.”
“- Linda Loman: Why didn't anybody come?
- Charley: It was a very nice funeral.
- Linda Loman: But where are all the people he knew?”