Sir Michael Caine quotes
“Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
“- Bruce Wayne: Should I just bury the past out there with my parents, Alfred?
- Alfred: I wouldn't presume to tell you what to do with your past, sir. Just know that there are those of us who care about what you do with your future.”
“You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!”
“I feel like 35. At 35 you're old enough to know something and young enough to look forward to what you can do with the knowledge. So I stayed at 35!”
“Obsession is a young man's game.”
“I'm not afraid of death. I'm an old physicist... I'm afraid of time.”
“- Alfred Pennyworth: I trust you don't have me followed on my day off.
- Bruce Wayne: If you ever took one, I might.”
“- Bruce Wayne: The bandit, in the forest in Burma, did you catch him?
- Alfred Pennyworth: Yes.
- Bruce Wayne: How?
- Alfred Pennyworth: We burned the forest down.”
“A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and as restless as ever.”
“He sees, but does not observe. Whereas I see and observe and thus bring many notorious blaggards to justice.”
“January is the garbage can of movies in America, directly after all the Oscar contenders have been out.”
“- Joe Harding: Jump in the basket.
- Willie Davis: Who do you think i am? E.T?”
“- Dr. Watson: Being men of no moral fiber whatsoever, they can't resist helping themselves to a new pair of shoes.
- Sherlock Holmes: Do you think they have these in brown?”
“Music is all I really understand.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: What are you doing?
- Dr. Watson: Thinking.
- Sherlock Holmes: Right. I'm going to think too. What shall we think about, Watson?”
“- Liz Blake: Do you want to fuck me?
- Doctor Robert Elliott: Oh, yes.
- Liz Blake: Then why don't you?
- Doctor Robert Elliott: Because I'm a doctor and...
- Liz Blake: Fucked a lot of doctors.
- Doctor Robert Elliott: ...and I'm married.
- Liz Blake: Fucked a lot of them, too.”
“Sometimes truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: As a matter of fact, Lestrade, You can be some help.
- Inspector Lestrade: Of course!
- Sherlock Holmes: Hold my coat, it's hot in here.”
“In times of real trouble, the one thing man can depend on is the sympathy of the bank.”