Philip Baker Hall quotes
“I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.”
“- Eugene Kalb: My son-in-law says I'm a dinosaur.
- Dan: Hey, don't knock the dinosaurs. They ruled the earth for millions of years. They must've been going something right.”
“- Captain Diel: Two officers were shot, one man lost a pinkie.
- Carter: But didn't nobody die!
- Captain Diel: You destroyed half a city block!
- Carter: That block was already messed up.
- Captain Diel: And you lost a lot of evidence!
- Carter: We still got a little bit left.”
“Some directors don't say much.”
“From the time that I was in high school, my life really revolved around live theater.”
“Plays are a pretty big commitment. It takes a minimum of three months out of your life, really.”
The book says, "We might be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us".
“- Mr. Randy: Goddamn it, Julian, you leave the game, even for a while, I don't know if they'll gonna let you back in. And then what the hell are you gonna do? Waste your days picking up illiterate teenagers for suck-and-fuck sessions behind the Old Navy store?
- Julian Noble: Sounds delightful to me.”
“I'm going to ask you with all the heart and sincerity that I have, please do not put a bullet in me. And, please, don't tell John what I've done. I trust that once I gave you this money, you and I will take separate paths and that this negotiation will settle everything. That is my hope. I don't wanna die.”
“- Floyd Gondolli: This here's the future. Videotape tells the truth.
- Jack Horner: Wait a minute. You come into my house, my party, to tell me about the future? That the future is tape, videotape, and not film? That it's amateurs and not professionals? I'm a filmmaker, which is why I will never make a movie on tape.”
“- Burt Ramsey: You smell like trouble.
- Jimmy Gator: I'm fucking hammered, Burt.”
“Never ignore a man's courtesy.”
“I don't want to die. I killed his father. I can tell you what it was. This is not an excuse. I'm not begging for clemency. All that matters, I do not wish to sacrifice my life for John's well-being. But I will sacrifice this money for mine because you have asked me. Because after this, I will have done all I can for John and for myself.”
“- Network Executive: Do you know that there's a rumor circulating that he's dead? You hear me? The media is having a feeding frenzy with this, all the phone lines are jammed, and every network has a pirated shot of Marlon making an ass of himself in front of the cameras!
- Network Executive: The sponsors are threatening to rip up their...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is a very fucked-up situation.”
“Sonny, do you know what I discover when I look out at the stars? How small we are... and brief!”
“- Lenny Ish: What is the worst thing that you have ever done?
- Sonny Rose: Me? Uh, uh... I don't really know.
- Lenny Ish: That means you haven't done it yet.”