Stephen Lang quotes
“Out there beyond that fence every living thing that crawls, flies, or squats in the mud wants to kill you and eat your eyes for jujubes. We have an indigenous population of humanoids called the Na'vi. They're fond of arrows dipped in a neurotoxin that will stop your heart in one minute - and they have bones reinforced with naturally occurring...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You are not in Kansas anymore. You are on Pandora, ladies and gentlemen. Respect that fact every second of every day.”
“- Gen. Stonewall Jackson: Tell me general, do you expect to live till the end of this war?
- General John Bell Hood: Oh... I do not know, but... I'm inclined to think I will. I expect I will be wounded. And you general?
- Gen. Stonewall Jackson: I do not expect to live to see the end of this war. Nor can I say that without victory I would desire...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Johnny Ringo: So, there's nothin' I can say to get you to come back?
- Sherman McMasters: Not after what you done. Not after shootin' at the Earp's women.
- Johnny Ringo: All right then, I guess you can just get back on your horse and ride back down there to your new friends.
- Ike Clanton: [placing a shotgun to McMaster's head] Hey. I just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Shrike: I can remake you, just as I was remade.
- Hester Shaw: You're going to kill me?
- Shrike: For a little while.”
“Let me tell you something, Captain. Aside from losing one's mind, there is very little to do for an old Captain besides sit and whittle and whistle and wait for the postman to bring him his pension check. It would just be a damn shame for a man such as yourself, who's put in the time, to come up short in the end.”
“When Steven Spielberg comes calling, it behooves you to seriously consider it.”
“I don't think there is a role that I did twenty years ago that I couldn't do better now.”
“Just 'cause it's a tall tale don't mean it ain't true.”
“- Capt. James Power Smith: General Jackson, how is it you remain so calm in the midst of battle?
- Gen. Stonewall Jackson: Mr. Smith, my religious faith teaches me that God has already fixed the time of my death; therefore, I think not of it. I am as calm in battle as I would be in my own parlor. God will come for me in his own time.”
“I want this mission high and tight. I wanna be home for dinner.”
“I regard the crime of desertion as a sin against the army of the Lord. Duty is ours, the consequences are God's.”
“- Harold 'Happy' Loman: Bob Harrison, he said you were tops, and then you go and do some damn fool thing like whistling whole songs in the elevator like a comedian.
- Biff Loman: Well, so what? I like to whistle sometimes.
- Harold 'Happy' Loman: You don't raise a guy to a responsible job who whistles in the elevator!”
“- Col. Quaritch: Nothin's over while I'm breathin'.
- Jake Sully: I kinda hoped you'd say that.”
“Just as we would not send any of our soldiers to march in other states, and tyrannize other people... so will we never allow the armies of others to march into our states and tyrannize our people.”
“- Harold 'Happy' Loman: My brother is - I think he pulled off a big deal today. I think we're going into business together.
- Stanley: Great! That's the best. Because a family business, you know what I mean?-that's the best.
- Harold 'Happy' Loman: That's what I think.
- Stanley: 'Cause what's the difference? Somebody steals? It's in the family....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Biff Loman: I tell you Happy, I don't know what the future is. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
- Harold 'Happy' Loman: What do you mean?
- Biff Loman: I spent six or seven years after High School trying to work myself up, being a shipping clerk, salesman, business of one kind or another. It's a measly manner of existence. To get on that...” (continue)(continue reading)