Morgan Freeman quotes
“Let me be the first to tell you, drinking alcohol is the worst thing to do in cold weather. Hot soup is the best because the process of digesting food helps to warm you up.”
“It is our moments of struggle, that define us.”
“If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We humans are more concerned with having than with being.”
“Discipline is not the enemy of enthusiasm!”
“I don't know; every man has his breaking point.”
The Lord said: "do whatever you have to do". And he didn't say "Joe, be polite".
“- Daisy Werthan: Idella was lucky.
- Hoke Colburn: Yes'm. I expect she was.”
“- Willie Davis: What's the matter?
- Albert Garner: My face is killing me. I never had to smile so much in my life.”
“- Jenny Lerner: I want exclusivity.
- President Beck: Now listen, young lady. This is a presidential favour. I'm letting you go because I don't want another headache. And I'm trusting you because I know what this can do for your career. Now, it may seem like we have each other over the same barrel but it just seems that way.”
“- Joe Harding: Jump in the basket.
- Willie Davis: Who do you think i am? E.T?”
“- Joe Matheson: I never thought this would happen to me.
- Frank Moses: What?
- Joe Matheson: Getting old.”
“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.”
“My only child was murdered. She was twelve. Did you hear about it? What you probably didn't hear, and what I hope you never have to deal with, Miss Gennaro, is what that feels like. What I have to deal with. Knowing that my little girl likely died crying out for me to come and save her. And I never did.”
“Little beat big when little is smart. First with the head, then with the heart.”
“- Dr. Kate McTiernan: I hear him, whispering.
- Dr. Alex Cross: What does he say?
- Dr. Kate McTiernan: I can feel his mouth on my ear, his breath. He tells me that he loves me.”
“Rugby is a very rough game, almost as rough as politics.”
“If you become a star, people are going to go to see you. If you remain an actor, they're going to go and see the story you're in.”