Wallace Shawn quotes
“We are not what we seem. We are more than what we seem. The actor knows that.”
“The panic is attacking me!”
“- Howard: Mrs. Lipkin said there'd be some suppositories in here!
- To-Bel: Why dontcha try heatin' up some nice corn-on-the-cob and shovin' that up y'ass?”
“Oh my balls! I have no balls Liz! All I have is a fat set of petty dictators sewn up in cheap leather.”
“- Nurse Mary Verbeck: The Salingers. They know I worship your body like a French cathedral.
- Dr. Elliot Fibel: I don't care who knows, Mary. You're my woman and I'm your man! Never the less, if they can keep a secret, so can I.”
“- Gilbert Huph: You know, Bob... a company...
- Bob Parr: Is like an enormous clock.
-Gilbert Huph: ...Is like an enormous cl... Yes, precisely. It only works if all the little cogs mesh together. A clock must be clean, well lubricated, and wound tight.”
“- Rex: Mr. Lotso, do toys here get played with every day?
- Lotso: All day long! Five days a week.
- Jessie: But what happens when the kids grow up?
- Lotso: When the kids get old, new ones come in. When they get old, new ones replace them. You'll never be outgrown, or neglected. Never abandoned or forgotten.”
“Acting is trying to be absolutely truthful.”
“I have more free time than a lot of individuals, so, instead of talking, I sometimes write.”
- Buzz Lightyear: Woody you're in danger here, we need to leave now.
- Rex the Green Dinosaur: Al's selling you to a toy museum, in Japan.
- Woody: I know! It's okay, Buzz. I actually wanna go.
- Mr. Potato Head: What? Are you crazy?
- Woody: Look, the thing is, I'm this rare "Sheriff Woody" doll, and these guys, are my round-up gang.
“- Fezzik: You never said anything about killing anyone.
- Vizzini: I've hired you to help me start a war. It's an prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition.”
“- Mr. Potato Head: How did I get stuck with you as a moving buddy?
- Rex: Everyone else was picked.”
- Vizzini: I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha!
[he stops suddenly, his smile frozen on... (continue)(continue reading)
“What if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection!”
“- Vizzini: He didn't fall? Inconceivable.
- Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
“- Coleye: This is similar to the Martian incident of 1963.
- Armitan: Careful, stupid. Not only is that incident classified, it never happened!”
“Monogamy was my kingdom and they have exiled me!”
“- Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
- Westley: You're that smart?
- Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
- Westley: Yes.
- Vizzini: Morons.”