Loss quotes247 loss quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- T'Chaka: What is wrong, my son?
- T'Challa: I am not ready, Baba.
- T'Chaka: Have you not prepared to be king your whole life? Have you not trained and studied, been by my side?
- T'Challa: That is not what I am talking about. I am not ready to be without you.
- T'Chaka: A man who has not prepared his children for his own death has failed as a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You don't know about real loss, because it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much.”
“Hell of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.”
“You can never replace anyone because everyone is made up of such beautiful specific details.”
“- Edward Cullen: I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore.
- Bella Swan: Then don't.”
“As long as I can remember you've been right by my side. I'll never forget when you walked with me right in those first few hours after I lost Martha. I've always been able to count on you, when I felt dark inside and when I... You were right there, right, every time, right there. Even when I didn't feel good about myself, I knew that you cared...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Giles Prentice: A Broken what?
- Secretary of Defense Baird: Broken Arrow. It's a Class 4 Strategic Theatre Emergency. It's what we call it when we lose a nuclear weapon.
- Giles Prentice: I don't know what's scarier, losing nuclear weapons, or that it happens so often there's actually a term for it.”
“The man had been driven his whole life by hatred of his father. When the mother died, that was a loss. When the father died, the hate had lost his object, then the man's life was empty. Over.”
“- Arnold Beckoff: Ma... I miss him.
- Ma Beckoff: Give yourself time, Arnold. It gets better... But, Arnold, it never goes away. You can work longer hours, adopt a son, fight with me, whatever... it'll still be there. But that's all right, it becomes a part of you, like learning to wear a ring or a pair of eyeglasses. You get used to it. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The rest of those who have gone before us cannot steady the unrest of those to follow.”
- Sean Maguire: One night her fart was so loud it woke the dog up, she woke up and said: “was that you?" I said "yeah", I didn't have the heart to tell her.
- Will Hunting: So she woke herself up?
- Sean Maguire: Yeah, She's been dead two years, and that's the shit, I remember wonderful stuff. These are the things I miss the most, these... (continue)(continue reading)
“Nothing I can do is going to bring them back.”
“Gentlemen: these are my daughters. They will accompany us into Laos. Unfortunately, I have no sons to offer you. They were killed by Laotian Red Guards during opium run. However, Colonel Rhodes, I am certain my daughters will prove themselves worthy.”
“- Nate Ruffin: Coach, that... was my team. They left it in my hands.
- Jack Lengyel: No... no, they did not. They just left.”
“When you lose someone, it stays with you. Always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt.”
“In the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is a hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be.”
“I can’t imagine what you’re going through, the loss of your husband, and the loss of your whole town, and friends, and village, and that kind of loss is never easy. And I wish I had an easy answer for you. But I think you’ve come to the right place to find an answer. I think that, I think connecting to nature, and to a real true community, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“With love comes loss, son. It's part of the deal. Sometimes it hurts, but, in the end, it's all worth it. There's no greater gift than love.”
“With love comes loss, son; it's part of the deal.”
“- Dell Scott: You okay, man? I mean, does something else hurt?
- Philip Lacasse: It's my legs. It's the nerves. It's called neurogenic pain. It's like being on fire.
- Dell Scott: They don't give you nothing for that?
- Philip Lacasse: Different medications. It helps a bit. Not enough.
- Dell Scott: Hurt enough to make you wanna off yourself?
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
People say "I love you" all the time, but... it's not until you can't say it to that person's face anymore that you really realize how much you mean it.
“- Oliver Hardy: I'll miss us when we're gone.
- Stan Laurel: So will you.”