Leo McKern quotes
“I consider that my best performance ever was as Peer Gynt.”
“ It is easy to believe in freedom of speech for those with whom we agree.”
“There's no pleasure on earth that's worth sacrificing for the sake of an extra five years in the geriatric ward of the Sunset Old People's Home, Weston-Super-Mare.”
“- Imperius: What do you want?
- Gaston: I was told to bring you this bird. It's been wounded.
- Imperius: Oh, good shot! Bring it in, we'll dine together.
- Gaston: We can't eat this bird.
- Imperius: What? Oh God, is it Lent again already?”
“- Lieutenant: Open this door in the name of His Holiness the Bishop of Aquila.
- Imperius: Be off with you. This is a house of God, not a brothel.
- Lieutenant: I said open this door in the name of His Grace, the Bishop of Aquila.
- Imperius: I've met the bishop, you blasphemous lout. And you look nothing like him.”
“Wisdom is beyond price, my son. Be grateful that you have it.”