Church quotes87 church quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We have spent these last years disciplining anyone who disagrees with our line on divorce, on birth control, on being gay. While our planet was being destroyed, while inequality grew like a cancer. We worried whether it was alright to speak the Mass in Latin, whether girls should be allowed to be altar servers. We built walls around us, and all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I still consider myself a very spiritual person but the structure of the church isn't really for me. ”
“I'm happiest in an empty church. I love the smell of a church.”
“Jim Baxter-Something I got to know. How’s a guy with the best clearance rate in the department work fifteen years without a promotion?
Joe ‘Deke’ Deacon-Maybe I didn’t go to the right church.”
“If the need for salvation did not exist, the church would surely find its invention necessary.”
“It's a church. You can't make water without bumping your nut on a Bible.”
“- Reverend Hubbard: We're gonna miss your voice in the choir, Norma.
- Norma Rae: You're gonna hear it raised up someplace else.”
“- Pretty boy: I’m looking for the guy who runs this place.
- Joe: Well, that would be Our Father and He’s in Heaven.”
“I know you're terrified... at leaving the church... so was I.”
“I'm a lapsed altar boy.”
“I was an altar boy, with a very strict father. And movies were always my escape.”
“They put the building in the middle of the city, so that everyone could be equally close to God. I like that, the symmetry, the geometry of belief.”
“The blood of martyrs is the seed of the church.”
“- Rev. Macpherson: You want to buy my church?
- Mac MacIntyre: Not as a going concern.”
“You know why I went along with everything? Because priests are supposed to be the good guys.”
“Welcome to the Spanish Inquisition.”
“Women, then, are a huge threat to the Church.”
“- Sacha Pfeiffer: We understand you settled several cases against the church.
- Eric Macleish: I can't discuss that.
- Sacha Pfeiffer: Are there any records of any of these settlements?
- Eric Macleish: No.”
“- Rufus: I'm telling you, man, this ceremony is a big mistake.
- Cardinal Glick: The Catholic Church does not make mistakes.
- Rufus: Please. What about the Church's silentconsent to the slavetrade?
- Bethany: And its platform of noninvolvement during the Holocaust?
- Cardinal Glick: All right, mistakes were made.”