Church quotes84 church quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I still consider myself a very spiritual person but the structure of the church isn't really for me. ”
“I'm happiest in an empty church. I love the smell of a church.”
“We have spent these last years disciplining anyone who disagrees with our line on divorce, on birth control, on being gay. While our planet was being destroyed, while inequality grew like a cancer. We worried whether it was alright to speak the Mass in Latin, whether girls should be allowed to be altar servers. We built walls around us, and all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's a church. You can't make water without bumping your nut on a Bible.”
“- Reverend Hubbard: We're gonna miss your voice in the choir, Norma.
- Norma Rae: You're gonna hear it raised up someplace else.”
“- Pretty boy: I’m looking for the guy who runs this place.
- Joe: Well, that would be Our Father and He’s in Heaven.”
“I know you're terrified... at leaving the church... so was I.”
“I'm a lapsed altar boy.”
“I was an altar boy, with a very strict father. And movies were always my escape.”
“They put the building in the middle of the city, so that everyone could be equally close to God. I like that, the symmetry, the geometry of belief.”
“The blood of martyrs is the seed of the church.”
“- Rev. Macpherson: You want to buy my church?
- Mac MacIntyre: Not as a going concern.”
“You know why I went along with everything? Because priests are supposed to be the good guys.”
“Welcome to the Spanish Inquisition.”
“Women, then, are a huge threat to the Church.”
“- Sacha Pfeiffer: We understand you settled several cases against the church.
- Eric Macleish: I can't discuss that.
- Sacha Pfeiffer: Are there any records of any of these settlements?
- Eric Macleish: No.”
“- Rufus: I'm telling you, man, this ceremony is a big mistake.
- Cardinal Glick: The Catholic Church does not make mistakes.
- Rufus: Please. What about the Church's silentconsent to the slavetrade?
- Bethany: And its platform of noninvolvement during the Holocaust?
- Cardinal Glick: All right, mistakes were made.”
“- Walter 'Robby' Robinson: Baron told us to get the system. We need the full scope. That's the only thing that will put an end to this.
- Mike Rezendes: Then let's take it up to Ben and let him decide.
- Walter 'Robby' Robinson: We'll take it to Ben when I say it's time.
- Mike Rezendes: It's time, Robby! It's time! They knew and they let it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ben Bradlee Jr.: You wanna sue the Church?
- Marty Baron: Technically we wouldn't sue the Church, we'd file a motion to lift the seal on the documents.
- Ben Bradlee Jr.: The Church will read that as us suing them. So will everybody else.
- Marty Baron: Good to know.”
“- Sammy: I don't know what the Church's official position is on fornication and adultery these days, and I felt really hypocritical not saying anything to you about it before, but... what is the official position these days?
- Ron: Well... it's a sin.
- Sammy: Good, I think it should be!”