Sir Sean Connery quotes
“Some age, others mature.”
“There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!”
“You can't shoot me; I have a very low threshold for death.”
“May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to choose it, and the strength to make it endure.”
“There's a group for men in Hollywood called Divorce Anonymous. It works like this: if a member of the group starts to feel the urge to divorce, they send over an accountant to talk him out of it.”
“- Bowen: Now, Draco, without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?
- Draco: To the stars, Bowen. To the stars.”
“- Marko Ramius: There's one thing you haven't yet asked me: why?
- Jack Ryan: Well, I thought you would tell me when you felt ready.
- Marko Ramius: Well, there are those who believe that we should attack the United States first. Settle everything in one moment. Red October was built for that purpose.”
“- Adso of Melk: Dolcinites? Who were they, master?
- William of Baskerville: Those who believed in the poverty of Christ.
- Adso of Melk: So do we Franciscans.
- William of Baskerville: But they also declared that everyone must be poor, so they slaughtered the rich. Ha! You see, Adso, the step between ecstatic vision and sinful frenzy is all too...” (continue)(continue reading)
“They say if you resort to violence, then you've already lost.”
“- William Forrester: You don't know a goddamn thing about reason; There are no reasons! Reasons why some of us live and why some of us don't! Fortunately for you, you have decades to figure that out!
- Jamal Wallace: Yeah, and what's the reason in having a file cabinet full of writing and keeping the shit locked so nobody can read it? What is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Eliot Ness: I want to get Capone! I don't know how to do it.
- Jim Malone: You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way! And that's how you get Capone.”
“- Professor Henry Jones: Did I ever tell you to eat up, go to bed, wash your ears, do your homework? No, I respected your privacy and I taught you self-reliance.
- Indiana Jones: What you taught me, is that I was less important to you than people that have been dead for several hundered years and in other countries, and I learned it so well,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Hey, Ryan, be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don't react too well to bullets.”
“I want to find out if... well if they're right. There's a whole machine that works because everybody does what they are supposed to. And I found out... I was supposed to be something I didn't like. That's what's in the program. That's my rotten little part in the rotten machine. I don't like it. So I'm going to find out if they're right.”
- Captain Borodin: I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?
- Marko Ramius: I suppose.
- Captain Borodin: No papers?
- Marko Ramius: No papers,... (continue)(continue reading)
“- King Arthur: God uses people like you, Lancelot. Because your heart is open. You hold nothing back. You give all of yourself.
- Lancelot: If you knew me better, you would not say such things.
- King Arthur: Oh, hey, I take the good with the bad, together. I can't love people in slices.”
“This is the heart of Camelot, not these stones, not these timbers, these palaces and towers. Burn them all and Camelot lives on, because it lives in us. Camelot is a belief that we hold in our hearts.”
“You risked your life for another. There is no greater love.”
“There are laws that enslave men, and laws that set them free.”