Sir Sean Connery quotes
“Some age, others mature.”
“There's a group for men in Hollywood called Divorce Anonymous. It works like this: if a member of the group starts to feel the urge to divorce, they send over an accountant to talk him out of it.”
“They say if you resort to violence, then you've already lost.”
“You can't shoot me; I have a very low threshold for death.”
“- King Arthur: God uses people like you, Lancelot. Because your heart is open. You hold nothing back. You give all of yourself.
- Lancelot: If you knew me better, you would not say such things.
- King Arthur: Oh, hey, I take the good with the bad, together. I can't love people in slices.”
“This is the heart of Camelot, not these stones, not these timbers, these palaces and towers. Burn them all and Camelot lives on, because it lives in us. Camelot is a belief that we hold in our hearts.”
“You risked your life for another. There is no greater love.”
“There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!”
“There are laws that enslave men, and laws that set them free.”
“May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to choose it, and the strength to make it endure.”
“I trusted you, loved you, and you betrayed me!”
“Only a fool wants what he can not have.”
“If you're afraid of getting a rotten apple, don't go to the barrel. Get it off the tree.”
“- Barley: I'm not the man you thought I was.
- Dante: You do not have to remind me that man is not equal to his rhetoric.”
“- Gin: I give you the world's tallest building.
- Mac: And we're going to steal it?”
“- Largo: Do you lose as gracefully as you win?
- James Bond: I don't know, I've never lost.”
“- William of Baskerville: You will not eliminate laughter by eliminating that book.
- Jorge de Burgos: No, to be sure, laughter will remain the common man's recreation. But what will happen if, because of this book, learned men were to pronounce it admissable to laugh at everything? Can we laugh at God? The world would relapse into chaos!”