Matthew Broderick quotes
“There's a kind of freedom in being completely screwed... because you know things can't get any worse.”
“- Stephen Falken: The whole point was to find a way to practicenuclear war without destroying ourselves. To get the computers to learn from mistakes we couldn't afford to make. Except, I never could get Joshua to learn the most important lesson.
- David Lightman: What's that?
- Stephen Falken: Futility. That there's a time when you should just...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Medieval Times Waitress: There were no utensils in Medieval times, hence there are no utensils at "Medieval Times". Now, would you like a refill on that Pepsi?
- Steven M. Kovacs: There were no utensils, but there was Pepsi?
- Medieval Times Waitress: Dude, I've got a lot of tables.
“- Michael McPhee: Can you make money from philosophy?
- Max Dugan: Yeah, if you have the right one.”
“- Surgeon: Lincoln is gonna issue an emancipation proclamation. Gonna free the slaves.
- Col. Robert Gould Shaw: What?
- Surgeon: Well, maybe not the ones in the border states but he's gonna free some of 'em, anyway.
- Col. Robert Gould Shaw: My God.
- Surgeon: Yeah, he said he would have done it sooner, only he was waiting for a big victory,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tina Sabatini: Listen, you made a commitment to my father. Nobody forced you.
- Clark Kellogg: This is beyond commitment. This is like slavery. People telling me when and to whom I'm getting married.
- Tina Sabatini: You don't want to marry me?”
“- Sgt. Toomey: What would you do if the entire Japanese Army were behind you?
- Eugene Morris Jerome: Surrender and get some sleep.”
“- Navarre: Each generation is called upon to follow its own quest.
- Gaston: And what is your quest?
- Navarre: I must kill a man.”
“- Steven M. Kovacs: You know, my brother is a speech therapist.
- The Cable Guy: Tho?”
“You fake a stomach cramp, and when you're bent over, moaning and wailing, you lick your palms. It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school.”
“- Walter Kresby: You're even better at sex, don't deny it.
- Joanna Eberhard: I wasn't going to.”
“- Clark Kellogg: It's a crime.
- Carmine Sabatini: Now you're speaking in generalities.”
“- Joshua: I should reach Defcon 1 and release my missiles in 28 hours. Would you like to see some projected kill ratios?
- David Lightman: 69% of the housing destroyed. 72 million people dead. Is this a game or is it real?
- Joshua: What's the difference?”
“- Dave Novotny: She inspires me in ways that Linda never has. She even wants to read my novel.
- Jim McAllister: But you haven't written your novel.
- Dave Novotny: That's the whole point! I've got the whole thing right here, I just need to get it out there. And Tracy wants me to write it so she can read it. It's beautiful.”
“Mathematics is a language. It's very difficult. It's subtle. You couldn't say those things any other way - and I can talk to dead people with it. I talk to Copernicus every day.”
- The Cable Guy: When your love is truly giving, it will come back to you ten fold.
- Steven M. Kovacs: You're right. That's incredibly insightful.
- The Cable Guy: I know. It was Jerry Springer's final thought on "Friday's show".
“I slip from workaholic to bum real easy.”
“- Maggie: Eat another one of these pecans!
- Sam: I like! Oh, this is very good.
- Maggie: Look how I'm licking my fingers. You like that?
- Sam: I like everything, I am French.”
“- Brenda Bradford: It's for you. I made it myself. Come on.
- Inspector Gadget: You made me a car? The only thing anybody's ever made me before is a sweater.”
“- Officer John Brown: Thelma, how do I look?
- Thelma: Like a geek from Kansas who became a security guard.”
“My heart was pounding as I crossed the dance floor. In a few minutes I would be free or dead... or Rodolfo Lasparri of Palermo, Sicily!”