Career quotes129 career quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“If I had my career over again? Maybe I'd say to myself, speed it up a little.”
“- Evelyn Carnahan: Have you no respect for the dead?
- Jonathan Carnahan: Of course I do. But sometimes... I'd rather like to join them.
- Evelyn Carnahan: Well, I wish you would do it sooner rather than later before you ruin my career the way you've ruined yours.”
“There we were, both of us... at the beginning of our careers. Then all of a sudden, one of us... took off! Lit up the sky like a meteor. And why? Because he met the other.”
“There is no reason why marriage should necessarily compel an actress to forego her career. ”
“You borrow from the greats, and you make your own path without losing the core of who you are.”
“My career has had a lot of ups and downs, but basically it has been wonderful.”
“If I have a career in theater, and nobody knows who I am, I'm all right with that.”
“How did he start you? Hunting birds, rabbit? I'm guessing nineteen, twenty years-old, the first time he ordered you to shoot a person.”
“My whole life I've been trying to prove I'm not just yesterday.”
“You know, I never paid much attention to who was the lead, who was the second banana, where was I -- was I the fifth banana? -- whatever. I had a zest for life. And I was rather impractical about my career. I was never career oriented. I was more life oriented. So I didn't really care about billing and stuff.”
“Actors sure have stories. We always have stories. At the end of our careers, all we have to take with us is our stories, and we have many of them.”
“There are a lot of things I would have done differently, but Scully wouldn't have been one of them.”
“There are three stages in an actor's career: Who is John Amos? Get me John Amos. Get me a young John Amos.”
“I always knew I would act. It was just a matter of time.”
“To be totally sincere, I'd surely be a better actor today if I hadn't played Columbo all these years.”
“It's been a career filled with very low valleys and some wonderful, high peaks.”
“- Sue O'Malley: What are you majoring in?
- Joel: Russian literature and Slavic languages.
- Sue O'Malley: Oh wow, that's pretty interesting. What career track is that?
- Joel: Cabby, hot dog vendor, marijuana delivery guy. The world is my oyster.”
“- Jenny Lerner: I want exclusivity.
- President Beck: Now listen, young lady. This is a presidential favour. I'm letting you go because I don't want another headache. And I'm trusting you because I know what this can do for your career. Now, it may seem like we have each other over the same barrel but it just seems that way.”