Career quotes155 career quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I came to America to become an architect.”
“If I had my career over again? Maybe I'd say to myself, speed it up a little.”
“- Evelyn Carnahan: Have you no respect for the dead?
- Jonathan Carnahan: Of course I do. But sometimes... I'd rather like to join them.
- Evelyn Carnahan: Well, I wish you would do it sooner rather than later before you ruin my career the way you've ruined yours.”
“Years of compromise and disappointment have added depth to my acting.”
“Every time I've made a plan in my Hollywood acting career, something else has happened, so I've gotten out of the habit of trying to predict the future.”
“When I started acting almost 50 years ago, it wasn't about fame. It was about acting.”
“I've made a career of taking roles that other actresses didn't want.”
“There we were, both of us... at the beginning of our careers. Then all of a sudden, one of us... took off! Lit up the sky like a meteor. And why? Because he met the other.”
“Thirty-two teams, seven rounds, 224 young men who, today, are about to become players in the National Football League. A day where lives are changed, fates are decided, dynasties are born, and the clock is always ticking. Of course, I'm talking about... Draft Day.”
“There is no reason why marriage should necessarily compel an actress to forego her career. ”
“I've always had a hunger for realizing myself through my career.”
“Careers very rarely are a waste of time; jobs usually are.”
“- Feathers: How does a... how does a man get to be a sheriff?
- John T. Chance: Gets lazy. Gets tired of selling his gun all over. Decides to sell it in one place.
- Feathers: I'd say you made a poor sale.
- John T. Chance: A lot of people around here'll agree with you.
- Feathers: But... it's still a sale and it's too late to back out.”
“I got as little as a $75 a week when I started.”
“I swear to God, my career is like this weird origami thing.”
“My professional charges are upon a fixed scale. I do not vary them, except when I remit them altogether.”
“You borrow from the greats, and you make your own path without losing the core of who you are.”
“My career has had a lot of ups and downs, but basically it has been wonderful.”
“If I have a career in theater, and nobody knows who I am, I'm all right with that.”