- Movie quotes
- Across the Pacific
“Across the Pacific” quotes
Title Across the Pacific
John Huston, Vincent Sherman
Plot – On war's eve a secret agent pretends he's a discharged American soldier and embarks on a steamer directed to Panama. He's chasing a compatriot who has joined the Japanese army. Once in Panama, the spy tries to organize a clandestine base in a plantation.
All actors – Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, Sydney Greenstreet, Charles Halton, Victor Sen Yung, Roland Got, Lee Tung Foo, Frank Wilcox, Paul Stanton, Lester Matthews, John Hamilton, Tom Stevenson
“- Rick Leland: Are you getting sick?
- Alberta Marlow: I don't know. How do girls usually act when you kiss them?
- Rick Leland: Well, they don't turn green.”
“- Alberta Marlow: I'm not so obsessed with money as you seem to be. I can do without it.
- Rick Leland: You stick around with me and you'll get plenty of practice.”
“Everybody has bad luck with me.”
“- Rick Leland: You never have any clothes on.
- Alberta Marlow: If anyone heard you complaining about it, they would put you in a psychopathic ward.”
“- Rick Leland: You certainly are a girl of many colors. First, your legs get blue. Then, your face turns green. And, now, your red all over.
- Alberta Marlow: I never knew what suffering was until I came on this pleasure trip.”
“I guess nobody ever really knows anybody.”
“- Rick Leland: It'll probably end up with Captain Higoto marrying us on the boat.
- Alberta Marlow: No! I want a church wedding and a groom who's got more than two suits.”