John Huston quotes
“I prefer to think that God is not dead, just drunk.”
“- Black girl: Lawgiver, who knows about the future?
- The Lawgiver: Perhaps only the dead.”
“I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.”
“- God: What hast thou done?
- Eve: The serpent beguiled me and I did eat.”
“I don't try to guess what a million people will like. It's hard enough to know what I like.”
“Hollywood has always been a cage, a cage to catch our dreams.”
“- Gandalf the Grey: I have brought him.
- Thorin Oakenshield: Farewell, good thief. I wish to part in friendship, and would take back my words at the gate.
- Bilbo Baggins: There were many words I would take back, also.”
“- Gandalf the Grey: Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies because you helped bring them about? You don't really suppose, do you, that all your adventures and escapes were managed by mere luck, just for your sole benefit? You're a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I'm very fond of you, but you're only quite a little fellow in a wide world,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The party didn't slow down 'till dawn. The crew of a San Pedro tuna boat showed up about One, and was routed. The police came by at Two, and stayed to join the party. Mack used their squad car to go get more wine. A woman called the police to complain about the noise, and couldn't get anybody. The crew of the tuna boat came back about Three, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gandalf the Grey: Bilbo Baggins?
- Bilbo Baggins: Uh, yes.
- Gandalf the Grey: I am looking to hire a burglar.
- Bilbo Baggins: Burglar. I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place.
- Gandalf the Grey: You mean you do not wish to share a grand adventure?
- Bilbo Baggins: Dear me, no. We, Hobbits, are plain quiet folk. Adventures make one late...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Surgery. (when asked the secret of his long life).”
“I'm all that's standing between you and darkest night, son. The other side of me, there's chaos.”
“- Ned Turner: Will, I've herad the suckers on a tentacles are like the claws on a tiger.
- Will Gleason: Compared to suckers on a tentacle, claws are nothing Mr. Turner.”