“The African Queen” quotes(1951)
Plot – Helped by a middle-aged and alcoholic sailor, a stiff English missionary crosses an African river on a boat to make a German warship sink.
All actors – Humphrey Bogart, Katharine Hepburn, Robert Morley, Peter Bull, Theodore Bikel, Walter Gotell, Peter Swanwick, Richard Marner, Errol John, Gerald Onn, John von Kotzeshow all
“The African Queen” Quotes 7 quotes
“Nothin' a man can't do if he sets his mind to it. Never say die. That's my motto!”
“It's a great thing to have a lady aboard with clean habits. It sets the man a good example. A man alone, he gets to living like a hog.”
“Dear Lord, We've come to the end of our journey, and in a little while we'll stand before you. I pray for you to be merciful. Judge us not for our weaknesses, but for our love and open the doors of heaven for Charlie and me.”
“There ain't nothing so complicated as the inside of a torpedo.”
“- Charlie Allnut: What are you being so mean for, Miss? A man takes a drop too much once in a while, it's only human nature.
- Rose Sayer: Nature, Mr. Allnut, is what we are put in this world to rise above.”
“- Charlie Allnut: How'd you like it?
- Rose Sayer: Like it?
- Charlie Allnut: White water rapids!
- Rose Sayer: I never dreamed...
- Charlie Allnut: I don't blame you for being scared - not one bit. Nobody with good sense ain't scared of white water...
- Rose Sayer: I never dreamed that any mere physical experience could be so stimulating!”
“One thing in the world I hate: leeches. Filthy little devils.”