“- Gary Glass: Are you a lesbian? Leslie says that nine out of ten prostitutes are lesbians.
- Roberta Glass: Gary, you're not listening to me. I'm not a prostitute or a lesbian!”
“Desperately Seeking Susan” quotes(1985)
Plot – Susan lives alone in New York and likes her independent life but sometimes she dates Jim, who usually contacts her through a newspaper ad. Roberta is married with Gary and she's romantic but her life is pretty gray and unsatisfied. She reads the ad too and decides to find the couple. Roberta's tedious existence will be upset by a nice series of misunderstandings.
All actors – Rosanna Arquette, Madonna, Aidan Quinn, Mark Blum, Robert Joy, Laurie Metcalf, Anna Levine, Will Patton, Peter Maloney, Steven Wright, John Turturro, Anne Carlisle, José Angel Santana, Giancarlo Esposito, Richard Hell, Rockets Redglare, Steve Bosh, Daisy Bradford, Annie Golden, Richard Edson, Ann Magnuson, John Lurie, Mary Joy, Rosemary Hochschild, Iris Chacón, Victor Argo, Shirley Stoler, J.B. Waters, Arto Lindsay, Henry Adler, Marty Gold, Alvy West, Michael R. Chin, Patrick John Hurley, Timothy Carhart, Curt Dempster, Shirley Kaplan, Lázaro Pérez, John Hoyt, Gary Ray, Gary Binkow, Michael Bramon, Joyce Griffen, Paul Austin, Richard S. Lowy, Donna Ritchie, Kim Chan, Michael Badalucco, Elie J. Boubli, Adele Bertei, Peter Castellotti, Wende Dasteel, Steve Eidel, Michael Kaufman, Ilene Kristen, Carol Leifer, Richard Portnow, Isabel García Lorca, Tim Ransom, Gilda Torterello, Stanley Burns, Robert Dahdah, Harsh Nayyar, Frank Stellatoshow all
“Desperately Seeking Susan” Quotes 8 quotes
“- Leslie Glass: I can't believe Roberta's a prostitute.
- Gary Glass: Roberta's not a prostitute.
- Leslie Glass: I saw this thing on television about this woman who turned tricks in the city from nine until noon, then went shopping all afternoon. It was years before her husband found out about it. Oh, my God, I've heard that four out of five...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Leslie Glass: Everybody I know is desperate, except for you.
- Roberta Glass: I'm desperate.
- Leslie Glass: Ha!
- Roberta Glass: Well, sort of.”
“- Gary Glass: What are you wearing?
- Roberta Glass: A jacket. It used to belong to Jimi Hendrix.
- Gary Glass: You bought a used jacket? What are we, poor?”
“- Susan: I've got good news and bad news. Which do you want to hear first?
- Gary Glass: You said you were going to leave!
- Susan: All right, good news first. Roberta's not working with the greaseball.
- Gary Glass: My wife just got picked up on the lower east side escaping from her gun-toting pimp.
- Susan: He's not a pimp. Problem is, he's...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Cigarette Girl: Susan! My God, we thought you were dead.
- Susan: No, just in New Jersey.”
“Roberta can't be a prostitute she doesn't even like sex that much. It's impossible.”