Laurie Metcalf quotes
“Money is not life's report card. Being successful doesn't mean anything in and of itself. It just means that you're successful. But that doesn't mean that you're happy.”
“- Marion McPherson: I want you to be the very best version of yourself that you can be.
- Christine 'Lady Bird' McPherson: What if this is the best version?”
“- Young Jim: Do you think soembody'll ever find Treasure Planet?
- Sarah Hawkins: Sweetheart, I think Treasure Planet is more... like a legend.
- Young Jim: I know it's real.
- Sarah Hawkins: You win. It's real.”
“- Sarah Hawkins: Are you saying this because it's the right thing, or because you really wanna go?
- Doctor Doppler: I really, really, really, really want to go! And it's the right thing.”
“One of the hardest things about directing is just to be patient.”
“Theater opened up a whole new world for me. It was a freedom I'd never known before.”
“What Oakes said about your fellow officers respecting and honoring you is, as you probably know, complete crap. Most of the copshate our guts. To the extent that they credit us with having any. They think we're climbers who went into I.A.D. for the promotions, which is true, not that we necessarily get them. So, they're polite because they're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Leslie Glass: I can't believe Roberta's a prostitute.
- Gary Glass: Roberta's not a prostitute.
- Leslie Glass: I saw this thing on television about this woman who turned tricks in the city from nine until noon, then went shopping all afternoon. It was years before her husband found out about it. Oh, my God, I've heard that four out of five...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Debbie Salt: Mickey was a good boy, but, my God, that old "blame the movies" motive. Did you buy that for one second? Poor boy was completely out of his mind.
- Sidney Prescott: And you're not?
- Debbie Salt: No. I'm very sane. My motive isn't as "90s" as Mickey's. Mine is just good old fashioned revenge. You could killed my son! And, now, I... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Leslie Glass: Everybody I know is desperate, except for you.
- Roberta Glass: I'm desperate.
- Leslie Glass: Ha!
- Roberta Glass: Well, sort of.”
“You know all your friends from the force? You don't have them anymore.”
“- Lucille Krunklehorn: I haven't slept in eight days!
- Mr. Willerstein: Uh, well then, can I get you a cot or something?
- Lucille Krunklehorn: Nope, I have the caffeine patch. It's my invention. Each patch is the equivalent of 12 cups of coffee. You can stay up for days with no side effects. Ahhh! Sorry.”
“- Debbie: Please Miss Weathers, it would just be such an honor if I could get a quote from you for my story.
- Gale Weathers: All right. Begin quote.
- Debbie: Great.
- Gale Weathers: Your flattering remarks are both desperate and obvious. End quote!”