“Gung Ho” quotes(1986)
Plot – Closed the local car factory, Hadleyville is going bankrupt but Hunt, a worker, convinces a Japanese brand to reopen it. Among US employees and the new managers soon frictions arise but, with skill and sympathy, Hunt and his friend Kazahiro resolve everything.
All actors – Michael Keaton, Gedde Watanabe, George Wendt, Mimi Rogers, John Turturro, Sô Yamamura, Sab Shimono, Rick Overton, Clint Howard, Jihmi Kennedy, Michelle Johnson, Rodney Kageyamashow all
“Gung Ho” Quotes 6 quotes
“I like you. You make me laugh.”
“- Oishi Kazihiro: In Japan, when production lags, worker stays longer in factory.
- Hunt Stevenson: Okay, overtime. We can talk about overtime. I understand it now.
- Oishi Kazihiro: They do not do it for pay. They do it for company.
- Hunt Stevenson: Yeah, but that's there, this is here.”
“- Oishi Kazihiro: None of you would last two days in management training.
- Hunt Stevenson: None of us would be dumb enough to stay two days.”
“- Oishi Kazihiro: In Japan, production in same sized factory is 40% higher.
- Saito: With superior quality.
- Hunt Stevenson: That's impossible. How can you guys work that fast?
- Oishi Kazihiro: Japanese worker is very loyal to company. Is very proud when company does well. Is ashamed when it does poorly.”
“I'd rather have one of these cars that we made together, by hand. Your guys and my guys, together. You know why? Because those cars stand for something. Those cars stand for something pretty great. I'm proud of those cars. I'm taking one.”