Selfishness quotes167 selfishness quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We are seeing a globalization of indifference. There is a culture of conflict, which makes us think only of ourselves. Makes us live in soap bubbles which, however lovely, are also insubstantial. We've become used to the suffering of others. It doesn't affect me. No one in our world feels responsible. Who is responsible for the blood of our...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sometimes... it's easy to get so focused on your own stuff that... you forget other people have problems too.”
“- Doyle: You can't just think about your family. You have to think bigger than that.
- Cooper: I'm thinking about my family and millions of other families.”
“I live for myself and I answer to nobody.”
“- Davis McDonald: You're the only one I ever loved.
- Kristy Briggs: No, Davis. You're the only one you ever loved.”
“- Samantha Powell: Dammit, Hank. I loved you then and I love you now. I do. I love how you are simultaneously the most selfish and the most generous person I know. I love how you hate a bully while being one. But your constant second-guessing of others, that crystal-ball bullshit? That hyperverbal vocabulary-vomit thing that you do? I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Katarina Stratford: You don't always have to be who they want you to be, you know?
- Bianca Stratford: I happen to like being adored, thank you!”
“I'm the only cause I'm interested in.”
“You don't know about real loss, because it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much.”
“You don't care about people Hud. You don't give a damn about 'em. Oh, you got all that charm goin' for ya. And it makes the youngsters want to be like ya. That's the shame of it because you don't value anything. You don't respect nothing. You keep no check on your appetites at all. You live just for yourself. And that makes you not fit to live...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Christina Bailey: You have only one real lasting love.
- Mike Hammer: Now who could that be?
- Christina Bailey: You. You're one of those self-indulgent males who thinks about nothing but his clothes, his car, himself. Bet you do push-ups every morning just to keep your belly hard.”
“- Maria: I think you're joking with me. I know where you see it.
- David: Where?
- Maria: In yourself. Because you and I are so alike.
- David: You mean in our selfishness, coldness and indifference?”
“- Jon: She is so beautiful.
- Garfield: Uh, Mr Pathetic. You've had a crush on her since high school. Would you please ask her out so she can reject you and we can get on with my life?”
“- John Reed: Louise, I love you.
- Louise Bryant: No, you love yourself!”
“- Don Champagne: Are you sure there's no other way?
- Mona Champagne: There is only ever my way.”
“- Agamemnon: Hector fights for his country! Achilles fights only for himself!
- Odysseus: I don't care about the man's allegiance, I care about his ability to win battles!”
“- Tom Ludlow: Everyone's out for theirs. The way of the world.
- Fremont: Cops are like weeds. You pull one out, and two more fucking grow back.”
“- Al Rockoff: It bothers me that you let Pran stay in Cambodia because you wanted to win that fucking award and you knew you needed him!
- Sydney Schanberg: I had no idea that...
- Al Rockoff: The fuck you didn't! The fuck you didn't!”