Appreciation quotes346 appreciation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
I might be the only person on the face of the earth that knows you're the greatest woman on earth. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do, and how you are with Spencer, "Spence", and in every single thought that you have, and how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Barbara: With a cute little rear end like that, you'll be the belle of the ball. Your dance card'll be filled every day. You'll be so popular, making all kinds of new, close friends. Big, ugly, hairy friends! Not that you'll ever see what they look like, 'cause you'll be facing the other way.
- Ken Kessler: You're very good at this. You should...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Anne Uumellmahaye: Michael, you do so much for me, and I do nothing for you.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: Are you out of your head? Sorry, I forgot. As far as I'm concerned, you're the most complete woman I've ever known. All my life, I wanted women with great bodies, women who were "Tens". Now, for the first time, I'm aroused by a mind.
“I've cooked, I've picked your shit up off the floor, I've laid your clothes out for you like you're a four year old. I support you, I supported your work. If we ever had dinner or anything I did the plans, I take care of everything. And I just don't feel like you appreciate any of it. I don't feel you appreciate me. All I want is to know, is for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's a wonderful thing, as time goes by, to be with someone who looks into your face, when you've gotten old, and still sees what you think you look like.”
“I think the average guy has always identified with me.”
“Worry about being respected, never worry about being liked because that's the trap.”
“I don't want to have to be pretty. I don't want to have to be adorable.”
“That's all the sympathy I'll give you. Pity's a commodity in here. You buy it and sell it just like anything else.”
“It's just over the years people have tended to be extremely complimentary about my ears.”
“- Price: Don't bother, Sefton. I don't like you, I never did, and I never will.
- Sefton: A lot of people say that, and the first thing you know it, they get married, and live happily ever after.”
“- 'Gaucho': Don't talk like that about Georgia - or Jonathan. He's a great man!
- Lila: Hah hah. There are no great men, buster! There's only men!”
“- Elaine Mozell: Don't ever think that you can get their attention.
- Young Joan: Whose?
- Elaine Mozell: The men. Who write the reviews. Who run the publishing houses. Who edit the magazines. The ones who decide who gets to be taken seriously, who gets to be put up on a pedestal for the rest of their lives.”
“Everyone needs approval, Joe.”
“You might be demonstrating a failure to show appreciation.”
“If there's nothing else, there's applause. I've listened backstage to people applaud. It's like - like waves of love coming over the footlights and wrapping you up. Imagine, to know every night that different hundreds of people love you. They smile, their eyes shine, you've pleased them. They want you. You belong. Just that alone is worth anything.”
“You're an improbable person, Eve, and so am I. We have that in common. Also, our contempt for humanity and inability to love, and be loved, insatiable ambition, and talent. We deserve each other.”
“Hello. Welcome. What a pleasure it is to have you. Just gonna call you Skyler if that's okay. It's a lovely name. It reminds me of the big, beautiful sky. Walter always told me how lucky he was, prior to recent unfortunate events. Clearly his taste in women is the same as his taste in lawyers: only the very best with just the right amount of dirty.”
“- Karen: Judging from the things you and other folks have written about him, your dad must be quite a guy.
- Walter Jr.: Yeah, he is. He's the best.
- Karen: You don't want to lose him, do you, Walter?
- Walter Jr. None of us do. We love him.
- Karen: He's a good man, isn't he?
- Walter Jr.: Absolutely. Ask anyone, anybody. He's a great father,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Don Lope: It's true that there are no longer men of my kind. Of our kind.
- Don Zenón: One thing that has not changed between yesterday and today. The taste for ladies.
- Don Lope: I totally agree, but today there is so much effeminacy.”