“The Big Chill” quotes(1983)
Plot – Some former college roommates are invited to their friend Alex's funeral, who commited suicide for no apparent reason. The function is held at Harold and his wife Sarah's villa. They all have lost one another for over 15 years and now they meet again during the early eighties, sharing some college's memories. Their youth expectations are changed and the funeral is an opportunity to remember the dreams they used to have, comparing them with the present time and trying to re-establish their friendships or creating new ones.
All actors – Tom Berenger, Glenn Close, Jeff Goldblum, William Hurt, Kevin Kline, Mary Kay Place, Meg Tilly, JoBeth Williams, Don Galloway, James Gillis, Ken Place, Jon Kasdan, Ira Stiltner, Jake Kasdan, Muriel Moore, Meg Kasdan, Patricia Gaul, , Kevin Costnershow all
“The Big Chill” Quotes 28 quotes
“- Sam: Why is it what you just said strikes me as a massive rationalization?
- Michael: Don't knock rationalization; where would we be without it? I don't know anyone who could get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations. They're more important than sex.
- Sam: Come on, nothing's more important that sex.
- Michael: Yeah? Ever...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I haven't met that many happy people in my life. How do they act?”
“- Nick: I think the guy in the hat did something terrible.
- Sam: Like what?
- Nick: You're so analytical! Sometimes you just have to let art... flow... over you.”
“- Sam: So how's your life?
- Karen: Oh, great. How's yours?
- Sam: Not so great.
- Karen: Oh, we're telling the truth.”
“That's the great thing about the outdoors, it's one giant toilet.”
“- Meg: I'm going to wash my hair and puke.
- Michael: Puke first.”
“They're either married or gay. And if they're not gay, they've just broken up with the most wonderful woman in the world, or they've just broken up with a bitch who looks exactly like me. They're in transition from a monogamous relationship and they need more space. Or they're tired of space, but they just can't commit. Or they want to commit,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I always thought masturbation was the ultimate act of self-absorption.”
“- Sarah: It doesn't always happen the first time.
- Meg: That's not what they told us in high school.”
“Nobody thinks they're a bad person. I'm not even claiming that people always think they're doing the right thing; they may know that they're doing something dishonest or insensitive or manipulative but they almost always think that there's a good reason for doing it. They almost always think it will turn out for the best in the end, even if it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Karen: You'll never get this many people to come to my funeral.
- Michael: Ohh, Karen, I'll come. And, you know... I'll bring a date.”
“- Autograph Seeker: Are you J. T. Lancer?
- Sam: No, that's just a character I play. I'm Sam Weber.
- Autograph Seeker: Well, can I have your autograph, whoever you are?”
“- Sam: Do you think we're all trying trying to avoid dealing with Alex? You know, every time it comes up somebody changes the subject.
- Nick: Hey, it's a dead subject.”
“You know, that's the problem with these things. You have to watch them every minute.”
“- Harold: Feet grow as you get older.
- Michael: I wish everything did.”
“- Chloe: Alex and I made love the night before he died. It was fantastic.
- Nick: He went out with a bang, not a whimper.”
“Fear of herpes.”
“- Sam: You know, Karen, if we had gotten married, we'd be going shopping like this.
- Karen: No, if we had gotten married I'd be doing this alone.”